What's new

Chlorphyll

I tried a cream today from Hungary with chlorophyll in it, works real good after shave, not a single weeper or nick, supposed to act as an astringent, could it be possible to put this ingredient in a tallow soap?

It could be put in, but probably not with the claim of being an astringent, unless it's recognized by the FDA for that purpose. It's used to get a blue-green color in soap by soapmakers who prefer subtle natural colors. It fades quickly to a dull olive green though, with time and exposure to sunlight.

edited to correct a typo

Last edited:
I actually use it in one of my soaps (bath soap). It adds a very slight gritty feeling, so I'm not sure I'd use it in a shave soap. That said I crush up tablets that my wife has (hope she doesn't find out) so the purchased stuff specifically for soap making may not add any grittiness.

$image.jpg

I actually use it in one of my soaps (bath soap). It adds a very slight gritty feeling, so I'm not sure I'd use it in a shave soap. That said I crush up tablets that my wife has (hope she doesn't find out) so the purchased stuff specifically for soap making may not add any grittiness.
It's actually in a cream, Caola from Hungary.

Why do you use it in your bath soap?

I wanted to make it green. I call the soap soap Dude, and scent it with pine, cedar, and patchouli. I did it the first time as an experiment to see what would happen. I also use activated charcoal to make a batch black, which is kinda cool looking.

Top Bottom