What's new

Chiseled face

Barbershops aren't my favorite scent family, baby powder isn't really my style, but GTB is one I actually like.

The Chiseled Face base performs extremely good for me, easily up there with Glissant and Icarus.

The scents are great too. The description of Sherlock sounded right up my alley, but I find it much too floral forward for my taste. I like it, but I can't wear it often. Otherwise, I absolutely love the others I have: Cedar & Spice, Summer Storm, and Midnight Stag especially... that one is a masterpiece that makes me just smile wide when I put it on!

GTB and Sherlock are must haves for me. Also like Summer Storm and Midnight Stag a lot. The performance is excellent and the scents are like nothing else out there. CF was the first artisan brand I ever bought, and even though I many other fancy "elite" brands, CF is still a rock solid performer. I am looking forward to the new base and scents that he is working on too.

As many have said, the Chiseled Face soap base is very good, but it does not compete with the top artisans. However, pricing is not at the level of the top artisans, either.

I would characterize many of Ron's scents as "interesting". Some can be polarizing; either you will love them or hate them. My first two purchases were Ghost Town Barber and Sherlock as they are the most popular on the web site. At first I hated both of them, but they have grown on me. The GTB smelled too much of stale cigarette smoke and gunpowder, even though they are listed last in the scent notes. At first the Sherlock reminded me of a bag of grass clippings rotting in the summer sun, but it, too, has grown on me as I have started to look for more subtle notes.

One very polarizing scent is Midnight Stag. It has the notes of Russian Leather, Motor Oil, Hoppes #9, Birch Tar, Oakmoss, Gasoline, Smoke, Cedar, Cade, Bergamont, Vanilla. I hated it, but have met people who love it. I guess if you are a motorcycle gearhead who loves the smell burnt rubber, grease and motor oil, this will be right up your alley (or garage).

I recently picked up a couple of new CF scents: Trade Winds and Italian Summer. I love both of those scents. They are more typical cologne scents.

Top Bottom