What's new

Chiseled face

Soap base is good but not great, but it's a less expensive soap. So it makes sense.

Where they shine is in their creative and masculine fragrances. Top notch, IMO.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Agreed. They haven’t kept up with base improvements.
Saw somewhere (FB?) over the weekend that Ron is working on a new base.

IMHO, CF soaps are quite good right now - think Stirling, Noble Otter, Storybook, etc. Very solid soaps that have not kept up (or, depending on your POV, lemmingly followed) the trend of pushing post-shave to the top of the list of traits to be followed. If GTB or another scent calls your name, you should pull the trigger. You won't be sorry.

Saw somewhere (FB?) over the weekend that Ron is working on a new base.

IMHO, CF soaps are quite good right now - think Stirling, Noble Otter, Storybook, etc. Very solid soaps that have not kept up (or, depending on your POV, lemmingly followed) the trend of pushing post-shave to the top of the list of traits to be followed. If GTB or another scent calls your name, you should pull the trigger. You won't be sorry.
Oh I agree. And the scents are great. I have a couple of their soaps and like them.

Soap is good, but the scent is fantastic. I have the whole she-bang of soap, aftershave and edt. I also highly recommend Sherlock by Chiseled Face.

Ghost town barber was too powdery for me.

Personally, I love the scent of Sherlock (although my wife hates it)

Chiseled Face makes some strong smelling stuff for sure... almost too strong really

Ghost town barber was too powdery for me.

Personally, I love the scent of Sherlock (although my wife hates it)

Chiseled Face makes some strong smelling stuff for sure... almost too strong really

my wife has trade winds and loves it, i ended up getting samples of sherlock and cryogen.. so far sherlock is liked by both of us, i have yet to try cryogen

Not much to add vs. the above. Good soap, great scent. I've sniffed several others from the line, but never pulled the trigger as I have much better performing soaps that also have terrific scents to them. Don't think any soap maker can survive these days resting on their laurels. Just too many folks out there making terrific products that smell great.

I have GTB and Sherlock. Great scents!

I have them both, too, and will probably include them as part of a PIF. Can’t stand either one, but especially GTB. Summer Storm is tolerable, but that’s the only CF scent so far that didn’t completely turn me off.

I went through a tub of ghost town barber a couple of years back. I liked it so much that I want to buy it again, but just didn’t get around to it with so many other great soaps out there.

I liked the lather and loved the scent. It was plenty slick, but is a thirsty soap.

I think it's a great scent and a very good soap, and one every wetshaver should get around to trying at some point. Chiseled Face, Groomitorium and Maggards all have samples for a few bucks.

I just tried Chiseled Face Bay Rum soap today and it was amazing. Too bad my skin can't take the Bay Rum but the performance was great. Slick, creamy, and exploded with less amount of loading. I'd say it's pretty close to Stirling performance but I find Stirling slightly more slicker.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Agree with the consensus good soap probably not excellent. GTBis a fantastic scent. Sherlock isnt so much my cup of tea however

Top Bottom