What's new

Chiseled Face / Zoologist Macaque shaving soap is now available

I've wanted to release this for a month now but had a lot of things come up that kept delaying me. However, for a limited time (however long it takes to sell 200) Macaque from Zoologist is available in soap form.

Top Notes: Cedar, Green Apple, Red Mandarin

Heart Notes: Frankincense, Galbanum, Honey, Rosewood, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine Tea

Base Notes: Cedarmoss, Green Tea, White Oud, Musk*

It's available now at the Groomatorium

Have emailed a couple times and not got a response. Any plans or time frame for more of your synthetic brushes being available??

I'll have to check my filters to see what's happening to your emails.

I don't know if I will get more of those brushes anytime soon. That supplier has not been responding to my emails (I've send about one a month for the past 6 months), and I don't have a phone number for them. I'm going to have to find a new supplier that can supply them.

I'll have to check my filters to see what's happening to your emails.

I don't know if I will get more of those brushes anytime soon. That supplier has not been responding to my emails (I've send about one a month for the past 6 months), and I don't have a phone number for them. I'm going to have to find a new supplier that can supply them.
No problem. Thanks for the quick response.

Got my tub of Macaque this afternoon. Unlike the Panda CF/Zoologist (which I love BTW), the Macaque soap smells exactly like the perfume. I can't wait to use it!

I'm sure that I will. And as long as I have your ear, please put out Camel and Moth ASAP! Camel, in particular, would make an amazing scent for a shave soap!

For those of you that have received this soap, which scents would you say are most prominent?
Does the overall aroma lean more towards a sweeter side or woodsy side or not even close. lol

Cheers all.

Off the puck, the Macaque shave soap is a dead-ringer for the perfume. Though I received mine last week, I have yet to lather it. But if it behaves like the perfume, it'll be very, very green for a little bit, before settling in to a really lovely woodsy accord. The Macaque perfume is one of the Zoologist scents that I really didn't like when I first put it on my skin, but within minutes, it became one of my favorites.
But be warned, the CF/Zoologist soaps are potent! I actually have to pull out the unscented aftershave with Panda and Civet!

Off the puck, the Macaque shave soap is a dead-ringer for the perfume. Though I received mine last week, I have yet to lather it. But if it behaves like the perfume, it'll be very, very green for a little bit, before settling in to a really lovely woodsy accord. The Macaque perfume is one of the Zoologist scents that I really didn't like when I first put it on my skin, but within minutes, it became one of my favorites.
But be warned, the CF/Zoologist soaps are potent! I actually have to pull out the unscented aftershave with Panda and Civet!
Potent you say? Perfect. Sounds like just the scent I need to diffuse the scent of Axe body spray that wreaks havoc in the locker room at my work.

Terrible stuff.

Thanks for the info.

Potent you say? Perfect. Sounds like just the scent I need to diffuse the scent of Axe body spray that wreaks havoc in the locker room at my work.

Terrible stuff.

Thanks for the info.

Axe body spray? Do you work with a bunch of 14 year old boys? :001_rolle If you actually want to up the ante, you could pick up a sample of the perfume and add it to the aforementioned unscented aftershave. I did it with Panda and the results were pretty darn good!

Nice tip.
As for the occupation, it's warehouse work. So while they are mostly grown men, many could pass for 16 old boys. Lol

It's not much better where I work. The scents that people choose are often times mind-boggling. I guess the old YMMV applies here as well, but at the very least, I don't understand why people want to smell exactly like their co-workers. People should live a little!

Last edited:
Continuing on with the scent.....
how would you compare it to Civet? I only have a sample of it, but the scent is really good. I'm wondering if I should grab a tub of this or go for Macaque.
I don't really have any greeny, woodsy scented soaps...not to my recollection anyway.

Civet is much more perfumy. Don't get me wrong, I like Civet, but it definitely leans "feminine". If I had to choose between the two, Macaque would be my choice. But whichever way you decide, just remember that these aren't everyday soaps!

Top Bottom