What's new

Chiseled Face Soaps

This is a case where I think my mileage does vary. Am currently about a month into a tub of CF Santa Paula and I'd say it's an okay soap - but I probably won't buy it again. If I had to grade it, it would be a B+/B for scent (though with more sage and less citrus than I expected), and a C/C+ for cushioning, slickness and post-shave feel.

Last year, I went the plain Jane route, and have been using Williams and/or Arko almost exclusively. Before that, CF was my favorite. I enjoyed all the samples that I tried, and bought full sized containers of GTB, Tradewinds, and Orange Creamsicle. I still use my CF soaps maybe once every couple of weeks, but they're really good soaps, easy to lather, and enough slickness and cushion to keep beginners out of the emergency room.

I really loved the manly scents that Ron put together.

I used Trade Winds this morning, first time using a CF soap. It was fantastic. There was luxurious, creamy lather everywhere.

Cinnawood and summer storm are two of my favorites. Ghost town barber and cryogen also good in their respective categories. Midnight stag smelled like a doctor's office to me (iodine?)

Chiseled Face has become one of my top 3 artisan soap shops. The lather, slickness, cushion, and scent are all top notch. I have a couple of soaps that I do believe perform slightly better, but the scents don't compare. Sherlock, midnight stag, ghost town barber, and cedar and spice in that order are my favorite scents. I have gone as far as buying the bar soap and aftershave splash for my top 3 CF scents. All the products are awesome. Their aftershaves are my favorite of all the recipes i've tried. I would like to add that trade winds and summer storm smelled nice, but too much like my mother's bathroom for me to purchase or use on a regular basis.

I had a tub gifted to me of Ghost Town Barber and I can honestly say that every shave was excellent. It is a soft "croap" however for those who want to know. Intoxicating scent as well.

The scent of Sherlock has always been a favorite for me... that said, my wife hates it and now refers to it as "Toilet Puck". (She's weird)

I have Sherlock and the scent is good if you like dark cologne scents and the performance is solid but nothing special. Definitely, a recommended buy.

Top Bottom