What's new

chiseled face ghost town barber

I got this sample yesterday. This was my first time using this brand. Also the first time smelling the soap. I told myself that I would 3017 the sample before I posted my review. But I was wowed by this. On first smelling of the soap I picked up on the powder smell. Did smell like a barber shop I used to visit when I was a boy. There was a smell of old leather. Much like a saddle. And a faint smokey undertone. It lathered very easily. The lather was slick, shiny and fluffy. Once lather the gun powder came to play. True to it's name it did remind me of an old dust small town barber shop. The lather felt good on the face. Almost like painting liquid silk on my face. Each pass was a pleasure. I had to keep looking over my shoulder to make sure there wasn't a gunslinger sneaking up on me. Post shave feel is very nice. My face feels amazing. I won't put after shave on so I can see how long the sent will linger. Overall this is a great soap. I will be buying the full tub and after shave later on.

Try it and tell me what you thought of it.

I got this sample yesterday. This was my first time using this brand. Also the first time smelling the soap. I told myself that I would 3017 the sample before I posted my review. But I was wowed by this. On first smelling of the soap I picked up on the powder smell. Did smell like a barber shop I used to visit when I was a boy. There was a smell of old leather. Much like a saddle. And a faint smokey undertone. It lathered very easily. The lather was slick, shiny and fluffy. Once lather the gun powder came to play. True to it's name it did remind me of an old dust small town barber shop. The lather felt good on the face. Almost like painting liquid silk on my face. Each pass was a pleasure. I had to keep looking over my shoulder to make sure there wasn't a gunslinger sneaking up on me. Post shave feel is very nice. My face feels amazing. I won't put after shave on so I can see how long the sent will linger. Overall this is a great soap. I will be buying the full tub and after shave later on.

Try it and tell me what you thought of it.

Join the GTB posse over in clubs and brotherhood section. You can hear all kinds of stuff plus they have bath soap and EdP in GTB also plus a candle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the fold, pardner!

tenor-gif.856654

I love me some Ghost Town Barber. The only complaint I have with mine is it seems to get used up really quick. Not sure if it is just because it is so soft or my container only appeared to be about 1/2 full when I bought it.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Will never be without GTB soap and aftershave. Fantastic stuff.
how do you compare it to declaration dark fall?

thanks for the opinions. this is on my short list but keeps getting bumped for other purchases.

To my nose the main similarity is the smoke. In Darkfall, I get a lot of oud, which gives it that dark vibe. I don't consider GTB a dark scent. As others have said, it is a sort of barbershop type scent, but with the addition of smoke and leather. I strongly recommend picking some GTB up. In the unlikely event you don't like it, I'm sure it would be snatched up on BST.

The Chiseled Face soap is a great performer with an outstanding post shave feel for me.

I do enjoy the GTB scent, however am I the only one who thinks it kind of smells like laundry, specifically those fabric softener sheets?

I also have the Sherlock scent, which I prefer over GTB.

Don't forget the bath soap, pomade, and EdP! [emoji106]

GTB was my first soap purchase when I got started in this thing. Still remains a fave years later.
+1 on the bath soaps. Currently using their Cedar and Spice bath soap. Yet another great scent from CF.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I do enjoy the GTB scent, however am I the only one who thinks it kind of smells like laundry, specifically those fabric softener sheets?

Excuse me?

giphy.gif

Lol, that's one I've never heard before! But I know there are some who may not like it as much. But for me, it is A Number One in the scent department.

The Chiseled Face soap is a great performer with an outstanding post shave feel for me.

I also have the Sherlock scent, which I prefer over GTB.

I agree with the performance but to say fabric softener and Sherlock is better is borderline heresy! Jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do have the GTB AS. When I first received it, I was very critical of the scent but after continued use I have come to really like it. I will get the shave soap at some point.

Wow, some people just can't handle truth, eh? [emoji38]

I'll admit it's been a little while since I used GTB so I will shave with it tonight!

We'll see if I still think it smells like laundry, hehe.

As for my Sherlock preference, I may be biased, being a fan of Conan Doyle's famous sleuth.

I keep reading about GTB and Chiseled Face in general... I need to try it out. I've told myself I will finish at least ONE soap before getting anything else. Unfortunately with 23 soaps, that may be awhile. Maybe buying a sample will suffice.

I keep reading about GTB and Chiseled Face in general... I need to try it out. I've told myself I will finish at least ONE soap before getting anything else. Unfortunately with 23 soaps, that may be awhile. Maybe buying a sample will suffice.
I told myself the same thing. But this soap kept on being the topic of discussion here on B/B. So I had to try it. I did finish VHD two weeks ago. It was replace with three other soaps and the gtb sample. Soaps are
related to rabbits. They multiply like crazy lol.

Top Bottom