What's new

Chiseled Face cedar and spice

I had this soap arrive on Saturday but too late for my shave that day so had to wait until Sunday to try it. Been using it since Sunday. My routine is to shower and wash my face in the shower. Then run water in the sink as I’m drying off. Then soak my brush for about 30 seconds followed by my lathering process. Either bowl or face lathering. My impressions so far:

1) Scent: very strong vetiver scent starting out but picking up more of the spices as I continue to use it.

2) Lather: First day was face lathering. I was able to get a good lather with this method. Next 3 shaves I went with bowl lathering. Produces a much thicker lather with this method

3) Shave: Sunday, Monday and Tuesday I used an EJ Kelvin with a GSB blade. Today I used the same Kelvin with an Astra SS. I was able to get a good close shave with both setups but I don’t seem to get the same slickness and protection that I get from Cella and MWF

4) Post shave: I get a decent post shave feel with a little tightness that goes away after awhile. Again not quite as good as what I get from cella or MWF

5) Overall impression: I think it’s a good soap but not a huge fan of the scent. I think most of the issues I’m having with this soap is just because I’m new to using this soap

I love the scent of the Cedar & Spice aftershave, so I decided to try the soap. Today was the first day I used it.

I'm a big fan. The scent is every bit as good as the AS. It's heavy on the cedar, with a bit of what I would call a dustiness of a vintage cedar chest. The soap's performance was excellent. Overall, highly recommended.

I love the scent of the Cedar & Spice aftershave, so I decided to try the soap. Today was the first day I used it.

I'm a big fan. The scent is every bit as good as the AS. It's heavy on the cedar, with a bit of what I would call a dustiness of a vintage cedar chest. The soap's performance was excellent. Overall, highly recommended.
Oddly I get more of the vetiver than the cedar

I don't know what vetiver smells like. This smells like pure cedar to me, as well as my wife. But everyone's schoz is different.
True. Part of what makes this interesting for people. The version chiseled face uses kind of smells a bit smoky, grassy and somewhat like wet gravel to me

Top Bottom