What's new

Chiseled Face Aftershaves. Thoughts?

THAT seems a bit odd, because I can't possibly imagine Midnight Stag playing well with menthol. (Sounds like opening a pack of Marlboro Green.)
I certainly got a long-lasting sensation of menthol-like cooling when I used MS right after my shave this past Saturday. It does have a faint rubber scent to it, huh? Someone here suggested grease as well.

My must haves are GTB, Sherlock and Midnight Stag. All three of them are very long lasting, and have just that hint of menthol. Some of the others are quite nice, but I like scents that linger a bit longer. Santa Paula and Easy Street are fantastic summer scents to me.

So I just got some Midnight Stag. Kind of a novelty scent. A Bro scent you might wear to a bachelor party or hanging out drinking. It smells like ash or more accurately like you've been hanging around a campfire, one where the fuel is burning tires 😆. If you can find a woman who likes this, she's a keeper

I just opened this thread and read that you rolled the dice blindly on the Midnight Stag and thought "Oh boy, can't wait to see how this turns out :D "
It's my favorite scent, I get leather and that smokiness that you have on your clothes if you sat next to a fire for hours and the smoke got infused into your clothes.
+1 for the woman part, I'm afraid that when I'll find my woman(one day) that I might have to go and be sneak using it(and not return for one day back home) 🤣

Sometimes paired soaps and aftershaves vary slightly, but Ghost Town Barber Soap and Aftershave scent match exactly and work very well together--used yesterday and was pleasantly surprised throughout the day. The soap works well enough, but the scent is outstanding, and the AS cooling menthol kick is very nice; two thumbs up!

My latest order of a full-sized bottle of Ghost Town Barber plus 2 sample bottles of Midnight Stag is at my mailroom. I should have them today. Miss Linda calls the MS "wretched," but likes the GTB. I'll save the MS for my pre-work shaves.

ETA: The package just arrived. MS is still a pretty potent aroma, but I've gotten to like it.

Last edited:
Santa Paula and Cedar and Spice are my two favorites. I also really enjoy the LASSCo splashes that CFG makes. Blackfern is a great scent.

Blackfern is a great scent.
Blackfern is one that’s always looked like a neat scent profile, especially with the bit of menthol that they use in their splashes.

*I do think it’s interesting that the LASSCo aftershaves retail for significantly more than the CF aftershaves, at least on the Groomatorium site. I wonder why that is

*I do think it’s interesting that the LASSCo aftershaves retail for significantly more than the CF aftershaves, at least on the Groomatorium site. I wonder why that is
I assume LASSCo splashes cost more because of the scents and the EO's they use. For example, Black Rose uses rose absolute (I believe) among other EO/absolutes. Most of the original soap line was in the mid $20 range back in 2015.

Top Bottom