What's new

Chinese ink on AliExpress

I was wondering about ink today and with all things in life I like cheap but I also like a !kttle quality. So in an effort to try some thing different than my usual ink (parker) I looked on line. What I noticed was Chinese ink seems to be well priced for the volume but I was wondering is it ok. Any advice appreciated.

A couple of things.

Has to be black
Has to be reasonably quick drying
And be ok on good and poor papers.

If you are using it on poor paper, you might want to use a quick drying ink with a fine/extra fine nib.

Quink is actually quite good for their price, it's little bit dry but that's how all of the quick dry ink in general(especially on F/EF/accountant nib).

After many many bottle of expensive and cheap ink, I tense be going back to the safer choice. Some ink like noodler's are great but it's very very hard to clean up for removable part, I wouldn't use it on my piston filler/vintage pen/demonstrator in fear of permanent damage/staining.

One of the worse offender beside Noodler's is private reserve, my bottle have dried out crust on the cap and lumps flowing.

Thanks guys. The paper for work is terrible. Its all about budget cuts. Some times its quiet hood other times its like toilet roll. For time being I'll stick with quink but order up a bottle of hero black. It seems to be a decent price and on other forums it's well received considering its price.

Again thanks guys.

For poor paper I'd recommend iron gall Ink... Works fine, dries quick, nice vintage look. No bleed through.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
For a good Chinese ink, try the Hero 232, it's interesting and a good value.

For one, it's an iron gall type ink, so it will work well on crap . Another few features are that it goes on blue and dries down almost black or dark gray, it's really waterproof, well-behaved and won't smear. You may want to keep up with your pen hygiene with these IG inks, although I've had no issues.

Cheap when I bought mine on eBay several years ago. Is it available on Aliexpress?

full

For a good Chinese ink, try the Hero 232, it's interesting and a good value.

For one, it's an iron gall type ink, so it will work well on crap . Another few features are that it goes on blue and dries down almost black or dark gray, it's really waterproof, well-behaved and won't smear. You may want to keep up with your pen hygiene with these IG inks, although I've had no issues.

Cheap when I bought mine on eBay several years ago. Is it available on Aliexpress?

full
Nemo Speaks, I listen. :)

I'm terrible at pen hygiene, I seem to forget. So I may just stay awy from the iron gall stuff but thanks for the info. I'm picking up some regular Quink black on rhe weekend and got some Hero in wish lists.

Well I've just refilled two Kaweco cartridges (black) with some black quink that I picked up. Now the kaweco left the fine and medium nibs in both my sports feel a little scratchy and dry. The quink has sorted that out no bother. Both now smooth as silk. Gave both a flush and clean in clean warm water prior to filling.

Top Bottom