What's new

Chinese Gillette Wilkinson Sword?

Anyone tried the Chinese Wilkies? I recently bought a 100 pack on Amazon that the seller claimed were the Indian-made ones but when the package arrived it says on all the tucks that they were made in China.
I only paid $8.50 for a 100-pack, so its still a great deal but Im just curious if there is any difference between the Chinese ones and the Indian ones.

Anyone tried the Chinese Wilkies? I recently bought a 100 pack on Amazon that the seller claimed were the Indian-made ones but when the package arrived it says on all the tucks that they were made in China.
I only paid $8.50 for a 100-pack, so its still a great deal but Im just curious if there is any difference between the Chinese ones and the Indian ones.
They seem to be different, I prefer the Chinese. Because they are both made for the Indian market most sellers don't distinguish between them.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

They seem to be different, I prefer the Chinese. Because they are both made for the Indian market most sellers don't distinguish between them.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
Another vote for the Chinese blades, I find them smoother. Some do prefer the Indian-made though.

I've tried them and liked them. In fact, I like the German and (vintage) English Wilkies, too. I don't think I've tried Indian-made Wilkies yet, but I'd like to.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The Chinese Gillette Wilkinson swords for the Indian market are, with Gillette Silver Blues, my top blades. Smooth and long lasting. Shaves #3 to at least #6 are always outstanding.

I think my Gillette Wilkies are made in India. Personally, I find the German made Wilkinson Sword Classic blades to be slightly sharper, which is advantageous for my tough beard. The Gillette Wilkies are OK, though.

I love my Chinese Wilkies. I picked some up last fall from Amazon and they perform very well for me. Hard to beat for the price.

Have both and probably prefer the Chinese made ones but frankly I have good success with both. If I had to pick just one I would take the Chinese though.

Interesting. I have nothing against them just because they are Chinese, I just always heard that the Gillette Wilkies were made in India and when mine came and it said they were made in China I was curious how they compared.
Im honestly convinced that its more about Gillette's blade making knowhow than it really is about where they are made anyways.

Top Bottom