What's new

China is Closing Shop!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Very little in the way of shaving gear is coming out of China now. It looks like at least the following have stopped shipping:

Good Dollar
QShave
ZY
Titan
Ming Shi

I expect that this list will soon grow.

There are still some suppliers with stock that are shipping, but who knows for how long.

I received an order of ACE knots yesterday. It only took two weeks instead of the usual three.

There are two things impacting shipments from China at the moment. First, they virtually shut everything down for the Chinese New Year. Second is the coronavirus epidemic is impacting nearly everything in China. The Chinese New Year celebration was extended a few days to try to relieve some of it.

Still another factor is that the Chinese economy is really suffering from the tariffs.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Most knew of the Luna New Year shutdown and would have planned for it. The virus effect was not expected.

This is an international forum. The tariffs only impact sales to the USA and some of its allies.

Most knew of the Luna New Year shutdown and would have planned for it. The virus effect was not expected.

This is an international forum. The tariffs only impact sales to the USA and some of its allies.
You don’t think that diminishing the shipments of Chinese goods to the United States is affecting the Chinese economy?

The Chinese mail zombies are coming, be prepared before you open your package

proxy.php

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
You don’t think that diminishing the shipments of Chinese goods to the United States is affecting the Chinese economy?
Yes I do but I think it is/will adversely affect the US economy much more than the Chinese economy.

One of the more noticable effects that tarrifs have on an economy is that it lets manufacturers become inefficient (in a global sense).

Man, I refuse to pay a grand for a iPhone that’ll last me two years... so I’ve been struggling to hang on with my outdated iPhone that’s almost as good as useless, because rumor had it that Apple would have a new SE phone ($450ish) come out first quarter of this year.

Yeah, that’s out. Factory is closed.

I guess I’m going to become an Android/Google kind of guy.

Man, I refuse to pay a grand for a iPhone that’ll last me two years... so I’ve been struggling to hang on with my outdated iPhone that’s almost as good as useless, because rumor had it that Apple would have a new SE phone ($450ish) come out first quarter of this year.

Yeah, that’s out. Factory is closed.

I guess I’m going to become an Android/Google kind of guy.
Stay away from Android, because, you’ll get more virus on the phone and probably worst than Coronavirus.

It’s not about Apple and Google or manufacturing efficiency or raw materials The Coronavirus is already an international problem. It’s about the who’ve died and people infected with the Coronavirus. All of this will pass. Our “first world“ problems will all go away and we can continue with our $1000 iPhones, $250 razors, Amazon echos, and 2 band badger knots...the Chinese people are already suffering, just by breathing and living somewhere between communism and capitalism, the virus is just making it worse.

Stay away from Android, because, you’ll get more virus on the phone and probably worst than Coronavirus.
I don't know about that. I've only had android phones since the day they became available and I've never had any viruses. I suppose it depends on whether or not someone engages in risky use with their phone. Besides that, to my knowledge, no one has died from an electronic virus, yet.

Other than Apple, what options are there besides some form of android? What is your suggestion for the average user (not involved in top secret data transfer, espionage, etc.)?

I ordered a qshave futur clone on 2/3 and it left China today.
I ordered a Yaqi brush on 2/12 and it's status is "Despatch [sic] from sorting center.

China is indeed shut down to a large extent. In Australia we buy a lot of building materials from China. China has stopped shipping steel and facades. Our sources are telling us the workings are not allowed to return to work in order to control the corona virus. Shipping has been impacted as people are having trouble unloading in China before continuing to ports in Australia. It not a total shutdown but a significant go slow.

🙄

I've been on Android since the very beginning. Almost 12 years and no malware of any kind.

Like anything, operate with some sense and you'll be fine.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Obligatory iPhone user since 2009 checking in to say that I have had ZERO virus or any issues at all with my phones over the years. At least....4 or 5 iPhones. 2012 Mac Mini still going strong with ZERO virus or scares. You know this is the internet and we can’t let Android or PC users claim no viruses without the Apples guys chiming in..... (and vise versa)

duh!

Top Bottom