What's new

Chimensch's 30th Anniversary Shaving Video

Congratulation again on your 30th.That's a teriffic video.Thanks for the lesson. This is so useful to those of us still learning the basics.
-Russ

Nice vid, thanks!

Classy razors, and a classy wedding ring too.

I really like you technique--it's completely opposite of what I do. When I go WTG on my right side, I use my right hand, you seem to go the other way-right hand, left side....that's cool!:thumbup1:

Thanks again!

There is a way that just feels natural to you and you should do it that way, even though someone else does it totally different.

Congrats on the 30 years.

And thanks for posting this great video :thumbup1:, that's how I hope my shaves will be sometime in the future :001_smile

I hope you'll remember to make another video 20 years from now to celebrate 50 just to see if you developed new ideas.

I hope you'll remember to make another video 20 years from now to celebrate 50 just to see if you developed new ideas.

That's a great idea ... I hope I make it another 20 years. I just might, considering that my father is 88.

Awesome video. Picked up a few new tricks that i will try and put to test. Love the Sponge idea. I end up using toilet paper but this is a much better and cleaner option

Thanks again

Ameet

A technical question: What razors were you using? You had four of the same kind. Great video, by the way!

That's the sweetness right there. It's actually a seven day set of TI Le Grelot 1/4 grinds with Ivory scales IIRC. Truly drool worthy. :drool:

Love the Italian days of the week too :thumbup1:

A technical question: What razors were you using? You had four of the same kind. Great video, by the way!

It's actually the 7-day set on the bottom of the page in the link (the Dovo wallet has a flap that covers the 3 razors on the other side. It is a set of 3/4 to full hollow Le Grelots that TI made for me last year.

Well, it definitely looked like a TI set to me but 'Domenica' on the blade led me astray. I was not thinking that they could mark the blades in Italian, so I thought it is some high-end Italian razor I, strangely enough, have never heard of before. Well, live and learn! Thanks again.

Correct, except they're the 3/4 to full hollow Le Grelots.

I learned quite a bit as well. I would have never thought to use two hands to steady the blade at the upper lip. Good Show! I was wondering, did you do an Italian version of this video?

I learned quite a bit as well. I would have never thought to use two hands to steady the blade at the upper lip. Good Show! I was wondering, did you do an Italian version of this video?

This is my very first video ever. I thought about it every day in front of the mirror for at least a year and an Italian version was one of the things I was thinking of. One of the things I didn't realize when I was fantasizing about making the video was how difficult it actually is to do. So, I have a much greater appreciation of what goes into making videos like Joel's or Mantic's. In any case, when it came time to do it, I didn't have the time or energy to do some of the things I wanted so I decided to do a video with very little or no talking and not to do an Italian version.

This is my very first video ever. I thought about it every day in front of the mirror for at least a year and an Italian version was one of the things I was thinking of. One of the things I didn't realize when I was fantasizing about making the video was how difficult it actually is to do. So, I have a much greater appreciation of what goes into making videos like Joel's or Mantic's. In any case, when it came time to do it, I didn't have the time or energy to do some of the things I wanted so I decided to do a video with very little or no talking and not to do an Italian version.

So you could say even though it is your first video, it was in production for a whole year.

I have to admit to watching it already more than once and I think it is the nuances that make it a good watch: The church bells at the beginning, the prep and it's sounds, the complex editing (it isn't a one take video but with the breaks and closeups but you make it look simple), that lather that just looks like not enough and bam...a 3 pass shave. A 30 years of experience 3 pass shave.

I have to mention that gorgeous scuttle again, it's so big, you have to edit it being filled :laugh:.

Last edited:
proxy.php

Top Bottom