What's new

Chimensch's 30th Anniversary Shaving Video

This is definitely the first straight shaving video I watched as my interest was growing and is as good today as it was then. It's been said often in the thread but this will still probably be viewed and appreciated in 10 years and beyond. I am enough of a noob that I have never shaved without the Chimensch Sponge.

And I am left with the same feeling of "I need one of those scuttles."

This video left me in amazement the first time I watched it. Now many times later I have a scuttle on the way and already apply a sponge now instead of running water.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Started using a sponge yesterday. Can't believe how convenient that is and saves wasting a towel every day. Funny how the smallest things turn out to be brilliant isn't it.

It’s a great video I agree. This video made me want a 7 day set. In the end I settled for just one ivory le grelot.

This year I am celebrating 30 years of shaving with a straight. I thought that it would be fun to make a video, not to tell anyone how to do it but, rather, to show how I do it. So, here's my daily routine:

[YOUTUBE="[MEDIA=youtube]XIM0Coix6Gg[/MEDIA]"]Chimensch's 30th Anniversary Shaving Video[/YOUTUBE]

Kudos to you. Its very evident you're an old hand at this and it's a great vid to learn from!!!

I must say that the speed you went ATG under your nose was frightening lol.

Also being Chinese I can't go so easily XTG along my mouth as I have thicker lips.

Many thanks for the sharing.

Mawashi

This year I am celebrating 30 years of shaving with a straight. I thought that it would be fun to make a video, not to tell anyone how to do it but, rather, to show how I do it. So, here's my daily routine:

[YOUTUBE="[MEDIA=youtube]XIM0Coix6Gg[/MEDIA]"]Chimensch's 30th Anniversary Shaving Video[/YOUTUBE]
wow

you Make it look so easy! This video was incredibly helpful to a beginner who has the tools and read every tip or trick but hasn’t seen it done. Thank you

Ten years later...still the best straight razor video of all-time. I always wondered about that huge Schwarzweisskeramik scuttle that he used. Recently, I switched out my shaving bowl for something
about the same size as Chimensch's SWK and what a difference. Twice the lather in half the time...
this after viewing the video at least twenty times.

I have the same scuttle and love it I think he is making them again but by order on his website

I planned to order one earlier this year and have a German friend bring it to Tokyo to save on the
expensive shipping costs but...then COVID19 hit, my German friend canceled his flight and the whole
thing went kaput.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
What I love about that video is the absolute minimal shave den. Over the years he has chosen the best tools for himself and mastered them, his blade skill is remarkable. I could be wrong but I suspect this gentleman does not own 200 razors, 100 brushes, and 50 different aftershaves. The best shaving video I have ever seen by some margin. It takes a lot to impress me these days but this video does.

I planned to order one earlier this year and have a German friend bring it to Tokyo to save on the
expensive shipping costs but...then COVID19 hit, my German friend canceled his flight and the whole
thing went kaput.

That's a pity but I hope it all comes together for you one day soon.

Top Bottom