What's new

Chimensch's 30th Anniversary Shaving Video

Almost a year later and 284 straight shaves in and I am more impressed with the ease and skill Chimensch goes about his shave in the video.

Lets resurrect this again, I incorporate everything from this video, and have to say I have patterned my over 700 Straight shaves of his technique and made them my own. This is a classic from the stropping to the sponge and everything in-between Nice to watch it again. Agree best SR shave video period. Thanks again for this video

This was the video that got me past wanting to SR shave and doing it. Timeless as others have said. Well deserving of a bump!!!!

Every time I watch this I notice something new. Today it was how the razor is flipped on the strop using mostly the scales resting on 3 fingers. Effortless.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
This year I am celebrating 30 years of shaving with a straight. I thought that it would be fun to make a video, not to tell anyone how to do it but, rather, to show how I do it. So, here's my daily routine:

[YOUTUBE="[MEDIA=youtube]XIM0Coix6Gg[/MEDIA]"]Chimensch's 30th Anniversary Shaving Video[/YOUTUBE]

I really love that scuttle with enough room to dip your brush in the side to add water to the lather! Do you know where I could find one like it?

I really love that scuttle with enough room to dip your brush in the side to add water to the lather! Do you know where I could find one like it?

I have one. It's from Europe, Germany I believe. It's a SWK scuttle. Pricey right now with the dollar falling but I love mine

The best video I've seen so far in razor shaving, those 30 years are a precedent and here you can see clearly using the technique of slicing, something very unusual for many.
Thank you very much for sharing @Chimensch´s

And here I thought I was getting the hang of this. Can't wait to try a couple of the new stokes I just saw!

The ease and freedom of the OP’s strokes...scary and amazing!

He sure does make it look easy but yes the scary part is doing it for the first few times.

And here I thought I was getting the hang of this. Can't wait to try a couple of the new stokes I just saw!

We all do it Bob! till we all get the hang of it, I admit in doing the same till we find what works for us.

Yeah I just saw that one recently too. Also amazing and scary all at the same time.

The scary part is holding the blade then putting it into action, the worst bit is taking the plunge, once that's been done it does get easy and the more times get better. Get 100 shaves under your belt and you will be doing it like the pro's and every time you see a video you will try new strokes to o add to yours.

Top Bottom