What's new

Child Safe Shaving

Had a really unfortunate incident with my shaving gear today so really this is just a heads-up to anybody that has kids around.

I know, it's obvious to keep blades out of reach of kids. Mine were way up in the walk-in robe and, I thought, were safe.

Today my kids climbed and unpacked a handful of my blades. Luckily they were unharmed but, in her panicked state, as my wife was cleaning up she got one stuck in her foot and we ended up in emergency.

I don't consider myself to be stupid or careless but accidents happen. Just would hate for anyone else to be in this situation. My blades are now safely in a lock box. Lock 'em up Dads.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for sharing your experience. Kids are very resourceful when they want to be. Glad that they are okay. Sorry about your wife though.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Kids are very resourceful when they want to be. Glad that they are okay. Sorry about your wife though.

Definitely! Should have had them locked up from the start but sometimes takes an accident to happen to realise how important something is.

When I was a kid got into my parent's razor blade stash. They always hid it, which made me even more curious. Found a tuck one day, hid from them, and went on unpacking all the blades. I'll never forget all the cuts and blood.

Thank you for letting us know. I hope your wife fully recovers. I’m glad your children weren’t hurt. Kids know where everything is in a house.

I’ve shown my daughter my razors blades and explained what the edges are like and what would happen if someone grabbed one the wrong way and she told me to keep them in my room. :) I think she knows not to play with them now anyway.

Thanks for the post. I'm just starting out and knew enough to get a blade bank for the spent blades, but didn't consider where the sharp ones would be kept.

I’ve shown my daughter my razors blades and explained what the edges are like and what would happen if someone grabbed one the wrong way and she told me to keep them in my room. :) I think she knows not to play with them now anyway.

I too have shared with my 4 year olds the importance of never playing with blades and I’m pretty graphic in explaining what can happen. I think everyone should tell their kids about them to remove the curiosity factor. Of course, it’s still important to stow them as safely away as possible.

Thanks for the post I just got a travel kit to keep my shaveing tools and supplies organized Im a new dad with a 17th month old. Perhaps I should lock that bag up.

Attachments

• 20200402_173733.jpg
    20200402_173733.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 11
Lock it up, kids get into everything and put everything in their mouths.

We had another story in the past where a member here said their kids found the blades and proclaimed something about these tickets were strange while holding the blades. They weren’t injured from what I recalled.

To OP
Hope your wife heals up soon, sorry to hear that happened.

keep em safe - I've educated my son (6yrs) on what a straight razor is and how it works. I still keep them out of the way!
all the best for a quick recovery

Thanks for the post I just got a travel kit to keep my shaveing tools and supplies organized Im a new dad with a 17th month old. Perhaps I should lock that bag up.

You should lock up everything dangerous from your little kid. Their development in movement and curiosity grow far more than you can expect.

Top Bottom