What's new

Chicago Pipe Show Roundup - 2022 Edition

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

2022 Chicago Pipe Show​

If you are planning on attending, post here your plans!
We can use this thread as a means of connecting should anyone desire to meet up.

David Huber - renowned pipe maker is planning on attending the event.

Dates : Thursday through Sunday 26 - 29 May 2022
Exhibition Halls - Saturday and Sunday - 28 - 29 May 2022
Admission Fee - $20.00 covers both Saturday and Sunday.

LOCATION: The Lincolnshire Marriott Resort, Ten Marriott Drive, Lincolnshire, Illinois 60069.

Events:

SWAP AND SMOKE: On Friday May 27, the “Swap and Smoke” (buy/sell/trade event) will start at 8 AM and run until 4 PM. It is free to buyers, while sellers pay only $20 for a space at a ½ table.

BANQUETS: The $20 Friday evening Welcome Dinner for 600 of our worldwide guests will begin at 7 PM. Our Saturday evening CPCC Chicago Feast will be held on Saturday, May 28. See chicagopipeshow dot com details.

ACTIVITIES: Tobacciana seminars and a ladies’ craft program will be held on Friday evening.

On Thursday and Friday we will hold a Pipe Carving and Finishing Seminar. On Thursday, there will be a tobacco blending seminar. See our website for additional details and reservations for these two special events.

EXHIBITOR TABLES: There are exhibitor tables available and are priced at $200.00.

SMOKING: There will be a deluxe 4000 square foot tent for smoking, with food and drink available, open Thursday through Sunday, 6 AM to midnight. This is the ONLY place inside the resort where smoking is allowed. There is a $2,500.00 charge for smoking in the hotel.

The United Pipe Clubs of America (UPCA) will hold its United States Slow Smoke Championship at our show on Sunday, May 29, at 1 PM in the smoking tent.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I may be there for Saturday only. It’s about a 3hr drive without traffic for me. Still trying to work out the details with the wife.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm not a pipe guy but love cigars. Is there anything for cigar smokers at this event?
I've never been, but frankly, I would be stunned if there were not cigar options there. A convention draws like minded folks and I can't see there not being something for the cigar guy even though the focus is on pipes.
Many here have been to pipe shows and can chime in here if I'm mistaken please!

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I can’t make it this year. I’m pretty bummed but between this recent surgery and the Indy 500 on Sunday it just isn’t going to work.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
$20.00 admission fee is good for both Saturday and Sunday.
There is a very large onsite smoking tent with drinks and food available from 6 am to midnight
the pipe show itself is 9 am to 5 pm Saturday and Sunday

CPCCMap.png

CPCC-EXHIBITION-HALL.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
A very important heads up for anyone thinking of attending the next Pipe Show:
This one ran effectively from 8am Friday through 5 pm Sunday.
When I arrived at 11am on Saturday, about half the tables were closed up as they had sold out by end of day Friday.
There were still plenty of pipe vendors there, particularly the big name pipe makers, the big name tobacco companies, and the larger online websites, but what they had was what you can find online anyway, although there were some selling aged tins of hard to get stuff like McClellans and other tobaccos, all at prices you can find elsewhere.
The artisan pipe makers were pretty much done by the time I got there.
David Huber said he was completely sold out by end of day Friday.
From what I gather, scalpers work these pipe shows as well, and swoop in buying up rare and hard to find items in bulk in order to resell it somewhere else at a huge profit.

When I've been to the Ohio Pipe Show (it has a bigger fancier name that I cannot recall at the moment...) The people with unobtanium tobacco were not selling it. It was mostly there to look pretty with the prices they were asking.

Mostly what I saw moving then was estate pipes under $100 and the tobacco that Cornell & Diehl had brought. It was also fun smoking and talking with pipers from all backgrounds on the patio. The guy next to me popped open three magnificently aged tins. A 20+ year old Escudo, Elephant castle which hasn't been around in a long time and I can never remember what the third was. We were pretty deep in the Red Breast by then but then he breaks out some Cubans. I wish I could have remembered that one. It was worth the $50 for the hotel that night despite being 10 miles from my hotel.

The local guys that I smoke with have been to Chicago's show many times. They love it.

If I ever get out of food service, I'll have a better chance at being able to go.

A lot of vendors and pipe makers' Instagram pages are fun to look at when they are at Chicago and Vegas.

The Ohio Pen show is the real site to behold but that is a different sub-forum.

Top Bottom