What's new

Cherry-Vanilla Scent in Shaving Soap

Does anyone know of a shaving soap that has a sweet cherry-vanilla scent? I very recently bought Jergens bath soap after not having used it for many years and instantly wondered if there is a shaving product with a similar scent. I'm already aware of Cella and the Razorock remake of P160 so I'm disqualifying those from the conversation. The former doesn't really smell like Jergens to me and the latter sets my face on fire for some reason.

Sudsy Soapery Almond Vanilla is a Marischino Cherry scent. I don't get any distinct Vanilla. Strong on the Cherry/Almond.

I've used these soaps in my rotation for a few years and they perform well for me. The Green Tweed is a great scent.

MEN'S MOISTURIZING NATURAL GLYCERIN SHAVING SOAP CHOOSE SCENT (A-S) & SIZE
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MENS-MOISTU...VING-SOAP-CHOOSE-SCENT-A-S-SIZE-/181560053060
Almond: A true almond aroma reminiscent of Jergen's lotion.

Ingredients: Saponified Vegetable oils mainly Coconut Oil, Glycerine (kosher, of vegetable origin), Purified Water, Sorbitol (from berries, moisturizer), Sorbitan oleate (emulsifier), Soybean protein (conditioner), Kaolin Clay, Wheat Protein, Parfum (fragrance), and Color.

Cella has a fruitier scent than most almond products, at least to my nose. In general, sweet almond soaps have the same scent as the almond oil used to make christmas cookies. Use that as a gauge to determine whether or not it is close enough to cherry vanilla.

After initially posting this, I realized that to my unrefined nose the scent of maraschino cherry with maybe just a hint of vanilla or marzipan smells almost exactly like sweet almond to me. I ended up buying Stirling Almond Creme after smelling it at Pasteur's and being very happy with it.

Cella definitely has a maraschino cherry note to it, but nothing like the scent of fresh cherries to me.

Top Bottom