What's new

Chef's Birthday PIF

Bitter and Sweet. I just had a visit with my parents, who I am extremely grateful to still be able to visit with. My Dad's physical condition is catching up with his age, and I know that is frustrating to him. Yet he has always been a fighter/survivor, and he still has his sense of humor (he always said he is bi-lingual -- fluent in English and Sarcasm). We all hope for the best in life, and learn to live with our circumstances.

This fat guy is humbled to have his name chosen, and at the same time I have an ache in my stomach to see the recent turn. @Chef455 I am so very sorry to read of your current trials. Our A/C was out for quite a bit as soon as I moved into this house. In summer. In South Carolina. I feel your discomfort, and sincerely hope for a rapid repair.

Your generosity is very much a great example. I hope your birthday celebration was joyful, and that you cherish the time with your family on Father's Day. Thank you very much.

Great PIF, very generous. Thanks for doing this Chef. I hope life calms down for you and you have a restful weekend.

Congrats @ewk ! unfortunately seeing parents age is a downside of life. Great you could spend time and visit. Enjoy the Fatboy, they are great shavers!

Reactions: ewk

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Hi @Chef455. Hope the repair is already done and you are enjoying a cold breeze from your new A/C ;)
Indeed it is in! Thank heavens. After a day of fishing Monday with my dad, brother and oldest son,(thanks to our newest federal holiday) my son stopped by and helped me lift it into place. (Apparently all my neighbor guys had plans on Father's Day and were busy, go figure) Just took an hour or so afterwards and I'm all good. Nice to have a new unit with almost 2x the output. Wicked comfy in here now.

Top Bottom