What's new

Cheesy !!

Tell me..if I may be so bold.. Sue,

Do you find, as a rule, Pinot Gris' to be more full-bodied than Pinot Grigios?

My wife and I are currently discussing this issue.
We both love wines but are relatively ignorant regarding these styles.

I found the King Estates to be lighter and more crisp (almost fresh apple crisp and clean) than the Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio. But King Estates will vary quite a bit from year to year.. I have been let down by them and gotten yellower pinot gris' that were not as crisp. Once I started drinking the pinot grigio's it became the only white wine I drink anymore, nothing else tastes as good to me.

I drink white in the summer and red in the winter. One of the best bottles of Pinot Grigio I have ever had I made myself from a kit. It ran me about $3 a bottle to make and was incredible. I was amazed, especially as this was the first kit wine I ever made. :drool:

Figs and Point Reyes Blue Cheese. Mmmm mmmm mmm.. That and whatever bottle happens to be open at the time. :thumbup1:

-Nick

Im travelling up to Monterey with the family in Nov....
Napa isnt that far away!!!
(I noticed your location awhile ago......)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
rikrdo said:
Tell me..if I may be so bold.. Sue,

Do you find, as a rule, Pinot Gris' to be more full-bodied than Pinot Grigios?

My wife and I are currently discussing this issue.
We both love wines but are relatively ignorant regarding these styles.

Try one from Zind-Humbrecht.:eek:

I noticed yours too, rikrdo..

Family is originally from Yucaipa!! I didn't know anyone except my Grandparents lived there anymore ;)

Kyle, my friend...
Your family wouldnt recognize the place today.
I'll take some pix and send them to you if you'd like...for reference to the old days.

I left San Bernardino 20 years ago and said I would NEVER return...
When considering what to be when I grew up I said I didnt know but that I would NEVER join the military or work for a railroad...
When I divorced my 1st wife I said I would NEVER marry again..

Well.
After 6 years in the Navy, I got a job with Amtrak and then divorced.
Remarried and moved to Yucaipa with my Lovie and our 6 1/2 yr old daughter.

NEVER say "NEVER" ..I tell you.

ouch said:
Try one from Zind-Humbrecht.:eek:

Try ANYTHING from Zind-Humbrecht. Especially a Gewurtz.

Best wine deal of my life (admittedly my wine buying career is short), was scoring a bunch of bottles of various Zind-Humbrecht gewurtzes for $19-$22 a bottle....

Kyle Stoner said:
If any of you winos want to come to Napa, I work in the hospitality industry, and family works in the wine industry... ;)

Kyle, my wife and I try to get to Napa/Sonoma once a year. I'll send you a PM next trip we plan.

I love my cheese but haven't drunk much wine for years.

A really mature stilton or a good ripe Camembert are my favourites though the smell of the camembert can knock the birds out of the trees!

Combine with a good bitter such as Freeminers Strip'n'at it, or even Hopback's Summer Lightning. Heaven.

Gareth

Can't go wrong with a Blue and Port. Pt. Reyes Blue is my favorite but substitute what you like. I like using blue with fruits as a dessert, whether it be with grilled peaches drizzled in honey or with zin or port poached pears..both very easy.

If you don't like blues, then sparkling wines with a brie or camembert is nice...

Does Kraft Macaroni and Cheese washed down with Thunderbird count? :eek:

Seriously, I enjoy Chateau Morrisett's Red Mountain Laurel with a nice camembert.

Top Bottom