What's new

cheep king c blades

wilst i was in my local morrisons i found king c de blades at 10 for £5 so i thought id give them a try first shave well i know where im going next back to morrisons to buy some more . to me they feel sharp and smooth no tugging just fell the stubble .

They are very smooth. I average over 30 shaves a blade with no tugs. The things last forever with almost zero drop off. My previous champion for longevity and performance were vintage Platinum Plus and these beat those too along with my Lab Blues.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Does that not equate to £50 per hundred blades? I can buy 100 Astra for £7.99 delivered, 100 Gillette Platinum for £12.99, and 100 Feather for just over £20. With respect they must be one hell of a blade to justify that price 👍

Does that not equate to £50 per hundred blades? I can buy 100 Astra for £7.99 delivered, 100 Gillette Platinum for £12.99, and 100 Feather for just over £20. With respect they must be one hell of a blade to justify that price 👍

I last paid $7 for a 10 pack at Walgreens last April and I’m still in that box. These will give me approximately 300 shaves if I’m counting. I find that I lose track after a while and gave up counting shaves after the first. That was 33 shaves with no tugs with incredible performance until the end. That $7 gives me almost a year. As of right now, the KCG blades are the best I’ve ever used and definitely justify the price.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I last paid $7 for a 10 pack at Walgreens last April and I’m still in that box. These will give me approximately 300 shaves if I’m counting. I find that I lose track after a while and gave up counting shaves after the first. That was 33 shaves with no tugs with incredible performance until the end. That $7 gives me almost a year. As of right now, the KCG blades are the best I’ve ever used and definitely justify the price.
You have convinced me! I shop at Morrisons every week for groceries so will pick up a pack and give them a try although I will probably change them after 4 or 5 shaves regardless 👍

You have convinced me! I shop at Morrisons every week for groceries so will pick up a pack and give them a try although I will probably change them after 4 or 5 shaves regardless 👍

You’ll probably love them, but getting rid of them after 4 or 5 shaves probably won’t justify the price for you after that first box. It really depends on other factors for every person. If you are the type of person that puts money down on soaps and creams, then you may keep buying.

I’m set in my shaving ways also but if you try an endurance test for your first until maybe February 1, you might find the performance just as good as other blades on that fourth or fifth shave.

I’ll add that the only razors I was unable to get a clear BBS shave with in my entire rotation until recently were 53 and 57 Super Speeds. DFS, but no better. I’ve gotten 3 pass BBS shaves with both Super Speeds since throwing this blade in them for the last few months. They work great in everything I’ve tried but really work best with my vintage razors.

I tried thes in my game changer .84 instead of the razor they came with and what a delight. They might stack up at 50pence each but well worth it.

Knowing Gillette I would expect them to be rebranded rather than made for the razor specifically. The blades are very thin compared to others.

anybody got any ideas what they might be or know for definite what they are ?

I tried thes in my game changer .84 instead of the razor they came with and what a delight. They might stack up at 50pence each but well worth it.

Knowing Gillette I would expect them to be rebranded rather than made for the razor specifically. The blades are very thin compared to others.

anybody got any ideas what they might be or know for definite what they are ?

I assumed like others they were rebranded but no one appears to have figured out what blade it could be since they were released in the spring. They do come out of the St. Petersburg plant.

I've only used the KCG blades that came with the KCG razor (purchased at Walgreen's in the US) and found them to be excellent blades. I do get about twice the shaves with them as I get with other blades. However, the blades do seem a little bit pricey by themselves.

Top Bottom