What's new

Cheep but best

Thanks for your replies the main problem is p&p as I stay in Scotland and most of the razors the p&p is the same as the razor
You can see what they have at the local stores. Selection is fairly limited these days. These razors sold under the Wilkinson Sword brand are pretty decent. I think the one on the left costs well under 10 bucks and the one on the right costs under 20.

1625908951940.png
1625909040705.png

There is a good chance that you will find Lord/Yuma/Pearl razors in your local ethnic (Turkish, Indian) shops and markets. Drugstores will carry the Wilkies as shown above and similar offerings from Gillette.

Aliexpress (Super Blue Tech) normally ships for free but you have to wait 4-6 weeks on average.

A Fatip piccolo goes for 15 £ on Amazon.co.uk

Thanks for your replies the main problem is p&p as I stay in Scotland and most of the razors the p&p is the same as the razor

Depends what and where you get it from.

I'm guessing you're looking to get into this but can't (or don't want to) commit too much cash to it to begin with?

I've got a spare Tech (flat bottom as we refer to them here) I can send you for the price of postage and I'll throw in a tuck of blades or two... Very much user grade with bits of plating starting to go on the cap but it's brass so no big deal (I'd still happily use it).
I'd only ask that if you decide it's not for you that you send it back so I can PIF it again 🙂

Depends what and where you get it from.

I'm guessing you're looking to get into this but can't (or don't want to) commit too much cash to it to begin with?

I've got a spare Tech (flat bottom as we refer to them here) I can send you for the price of postage and I'll throw in a tuck of blades or two... Very much user grade with bits of plating starting to go on the cap but it's brass so no big deal (I'd still happily use it).
I'd only ask that if you decide it's not for you that you send it back so I can PIF it again 🙂
Thank you for that not looking to buy right now but thanks I was just looking to see what was out there

I bought the black Weishi Adjustable razor for $15.00, I must say I am very impressed with it. Get continued BBS and is now in my rotation.

linty1

My wallet cries.
I really like the Gillette Tech head, it comes in various handles with diff price points, but the one @Multum in parvo showed above, the Super one, is a personal favourite as I picked one up during my wife and I's honeymoney. Wonderful shaves even without the rose coloured view, and I go back to it time and time again. Would 100% recommend.

Another recommendation would be the Lord L6, can find for around $10-12 cad ish?

I have several Gillette techs that I bought for 10 bucks or less including the shipping. To me that's by far the best "cheap" razor. And they are in fact as good as any razor i own.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Aluminum lupo, will not rot or rust.
30 dollars has a fully CNC-made razor and comfortable experience.

You can even choose the color.

Last edited:
Hi I was wonderingwhat is the best cheap de razor but a good one
My cheapest (and still good) razors are:
Yuma, 3 Euros
Lord L5, 7 Euros
Lord S625-1, 7 Euros

And I have also some vintage Gillette Tech's and Matador Precisionsrakhyvel I have bought very cheap in various flea markets, paid between 2 and 5 Euros each.

I would recommend a Razorock SLOC dwell open comb. This is one great carefree shaving razor, I bought 2 over the years, 1 for myself and 1 for my Son to learn how to DE shave( Christmas gift). If you cut yourself I would say you need to improve your technique. You will receive a DFS ++ from my experiences. My Son enjoys his SLOC 2 years later still and I still enjoy using mine.
I agree with Ron R, the Razorock SLOC is great. I have much more expensive stainless steel razors but feel the SLOC offers comparable shaves. I also think the aluminum Lupo is great.

I bought it in 2017. It’s not my dayly driver, but I use it regularly because I enjoy it. I have at least 200 shaves with it. It looks like new so far.
Excellent - 200 shaves sounds just like what I would've put it through since 2017 if it had been my "daily driver", or rather weekly driver. :laugh:

I would recommend a Razorock SLOC dwell open comb. This is one great carefree shaving razor, I bought 2 over the years, 1 for myself and 1 for my Son to learn how to DE shave( Christmas gift). If you cut yourself I would say you need to improve your technique. You will receive a DFS ++ from my experiences. My Son enjoys his SLOC 2 years later still and I still enjoy using mine.
I own two and was going suggest the same and also a Razorock German 37 around $20. I love both.

Top Bottom