What's new

Checking In....

Hello everyone!

This is a great forum and resource. Thanks to everyone that contributes.

I am 55 years old and had been shaving with a mach-3 and canned gel. Recently I bought a cheap brush and soap and am getting started learning proper lathering techniques. Next, I will get an inexpensive DE razor and learn how to use it properly. My goal at this point is to keep the costs of shaving down.

But, after learning a lot from here and elsewhere, I can see that there is much more to this hobby.:thumbup1:

So, we will have to see where it all leads to. :wink:

Welcome. I am only been here for a while too and so far, it's been a great resource. Wet shaving can be as cheap or expensive as you make it be. On the plus side, I found you can now invest money into soaps/creams/after shaves instead of blades.

Welcome. I am only been here for a while too and so far, it's been a great resource. Wet shaving can be as cheap or expensive as you make it be. On the plus side, I found you can now invest money into soaps/creams/after shaves instead of blades.
+1 I agree with Xeemz, I also wish you a warm welcome to B&B. Hope you enjoy your stay here Porter.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!:smile:

BTW, I visited a local antique shop this afternoon. Looked at a few very old shaving mugs. Some were pretty cool. But pretty expensive (even at "50% off"). So, I passed on this item.

However, I did find a big "soup mug" (not an antique). It is an ivory color, & has a gold Ghirardelli logo on it. It really goes well with a ceramic toothbrush holder that sits on the counter. And, the price tag was only $2.00!

Now, I get to look forward to trying it out to make some warm lather in.:thumbup1:

Hello everyone!

This is a great forum and resource. Thanks to everyone that contributes.

Next, I will get an inexpensive DE razor and learn how to use it properly. My goal at this point is to keep the costs of shaving down.

So, we will have to see where it all leads to. :wink:

Welcome from another newbie! Check out the B/S/T section here for great deals on DE's! That's what this cheap Dutchman did. :biggrin: I bought some and each one was as good or better than represented. All the guys were great to deal with!

Welcome from another newbie! Check out the B/S/T section here for great deals on DE's! That's what this cheap Dutchman did. :biggrin: I bought some and each one was as good or better than represented. All the guys were great to deal with!

Thanks,

I just bought a Gillette Tech razor, which was advertised in the B/S/T section here, from prophetic_joe. It should be on it's way shortly.

If my memory serves me correctly, it looks very much like the one I remember purchasing back in 1973 from the BX at Lackland AFB (for basic training). These were essentially required in order to get through basic training. We had to clean our razors each day after use. If even a water spot was on a blade, we would flunk an inspection. You cannot clean a multi-blade razor very well.:wink:

I really didn't know how to use a DE razor back then. And the results showed this. So, like many guys, I went back to a multi-blade after basic training.:redface: Hopefully I will do better this time....

Welcome!

Your cost of shaving will go down, if you calculate it on a per shave basis.

You enjoyment level will increase, and that is priceless.

Top Bottom