What's new

Checking in

Checking in to say hello and give a short intro. I've been a brush and soap shaver for years but I fell away from my trusty Shick injector about 30 years ago. I guess I fell for the multi-blade cartridge hype. Anyway, I ran across a wetshaving discussion on another forum community I belong to (shout out to the other FL members who are here). The guys were talking about using their vintage Gillettes and Schicks and a lightbulb went off over my head. A vintage one, not one of those curly types.

Think of all the money I could save by not paying the gouge rate for the latest Buck Rogers "shaving system" paraphenalia! Think of the points I'd score with my granddaughter and my SO by ditching those environmentally irresponsible plastic cartridges! Think of all the neat old stuff I can go out and buy with that money!

I have a feeling the money I'm going to save is going to go right into the pockets of various ebay vendors, but that's way more fun than handing it over for cartridges.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi. I have a Gillette SS X4 coming and a Schick G8 too. I hope that learning curve isn't too steep...

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B!

It sounds like you're off to a good start. Be sure to check out our own B/S/T listings for very good equipment and shaving-related products at reasonable prices. You can avoid the pitfalls of the Bay by shopping right here.

Codfish

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
welcome to B&B my friend. Check this out from our WIKI, it will be a great refresher, and might have some new tips as well.

I have a feeling the money I'm going to save is going to go right into the pockets of various ebay vendors, but that's way more fun than handing it over for cartridges.

And fun it is! I look forward to my shave every morning, usually setting up the brush, soap/cream, razor, bowl and blade the night before.

Great post Salty! I know what you mean, you will save money by not buying those modern blades and then spend it on other stuff. But the beauty of it all is enjoying all the thousands of new products. After awhile you will learn what you like and can sell what you don't like on the BST forum. Good luck indulging yourself.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom