What's new

Checking in to B&B

Hello everyone. My name is Will and I'm new here to Badger & Blade.

I've been a DE shaver for about 6 years now and loving it. I never really thought to check out any communities of fellow wet shavers. I think this is the start of a new great hobby for me, and one that won't totally break the bank like some of my others (photography, cars, watches, motorcycles, reef aquariums etc.) although I'm sure at some point it will turn into an excuse to buy a lathe, badger pelts, and expensive leather.

In the near future I plan on taking the straight edge plunge. I'm quite looking forward to it.

I am one of those 12 O'clock shadow guys with wire for facial hair. With some quick math I determined that I was going through about 2 Mach 3 cartridge packs a month. At roughly $15 a pack x2 for the 72 months I haven't purchased one I figure I've saved over $2,000 in shaving costs. Kind of sobering when you think about it. And to boot I get a much better shave, with no burn, and I now enjoy the act of shaving.

So far the only downside I have found is the dreaded TSA (I fly a lot.) Other than that there has been no looking back.

Cheers everyone.

Welcome to B&B.

No better time than the present to plunge into straight shaving.

Have fun and enjoy your shaves.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Welcome to B&B! Yep, cheaper than photography, cars, watches, and motorcycles, I ought to know.

Welcome. I haven't been wet shaving as long as you but I was on a non-shaving web site and saw a thread that mentioned the names of a few DE shaver out there. At the time I was using a Mach3 and an electric. Knowing needed a change I googled those names and found B&B. Whoa, a whole community just on shaving. Needless to say, my life changed a bit and I never looked back.

This is a great place. Enjoy.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Welcome to B&B.

No better time than the present to plunge into straight shaving.

Have fun and enjoy your shaves.

I'm going through a pretty big move right now, but once I get settled in to my new place it's high on my priority list. Plus it will give me an excuse to buy some quality honing and stropping gear that I can use on my kitchen knives. I like to keep everything I use that cuts razor sharp. Nothing more irritating than a dull blade, whatever you're using it on.

Welcome to B&B! Yep, cheaper than photography, cars, watches, and motorcycles, I ought to know.

That's the hope!

get your wallet ready

It's already begun. I had to send my Muhle R86 Bog Oak back to Germany for a repair. Since it left I have already picked up an Ikon OSS and am awaiting delivery on a Muhle R101. If I end up liking the R41 style head I already have plans to get a wooden handle made for it.

Top Bottom