What's new

Checking in from TN

I am 43 and have struggled with ingrown hairs and irritation from wet shaving my entire adult life. After spending a decade or so using a beard trimmer without the guard I got tired of my stubble picking and catching the collars of my golf shirts and decided to try again. Naturally, my research into suitable products quickly led me to this forum and I’ve spent the last two months lurking and drinking in as much info as possible.

I just want to thank everyone here for the countless posts that have shown me the proper technique and suitable gear to achieve comfortable shaves! There are too many for me to list, but the wealth of info here is incredibly valuable in helping me narrow down which products to sample and how they might interact with each other. On my own I would be lost and almost certainly end up going back to the beard trimmer.

My initial phase of gear acquisition has (thankfully) slowed for the time being. I first bought a King C Gillette before remembering my dad gave me a Slim many years ago. I added a Z-2 (birth year) Super Adjustable and a Blackland Era with 2 plates - 3 oc and 2 sb. After telling myself i had no interest in brushes I own 2 cheap Omegas with a Simpson Trafalgar T1 on the way. Once i tried a brush I told myself i certainly would not need a bowl - so of course i now use a Captains Choice bowl daily. I guess for the moment I’ll just spend all my money on stirling products…

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I am 43 and have struggled with ingrown hairs and irritation from wet shaving my entire adult life. After spending a decade or so using a beard trimmer without the guard I got tired of my stubble picking and catching the collars of my golf shirts and decided to try again. Naturally, my research into suitable products quickly led me to this forum and I’ve spent the last two months lurking and drinking in as much info as possible.

I just want to thank everyone here for the countless posts that have shown me the proper technique and suitable gear to achieve comfortable shaves! There are too many for me to list, but the wealth of info here is incredibly valuable in helping me narrow down which products to sample and how they might interact with each other. On my own I would be lost and almost certainly end up going back to the beard trimmer.

My initial phase of gear acquisition has (thankfully) slowed for the time being. I first bought a King C Gillette before remembering my dad gave me a Slim many years ago. I added a Z-2 (birth year) Super Adjustable and a Blackland Era with 2 plates - 3 oc and 2 sb. After telling myself i had no interest in brushes I own 2 cheap Omegas with a Simpson Trafalgar T1 on the way. Once i tried a brush I told myself i certainly would not need a bowl - so of course i now use a Captains Choice bowl daily. I guess for the moment I’ll just spend all my money on stirling products…
Hello from Nashville! :001_smile

Your story is very similar to mine and likely will end the same. Shave for a decade with pain and irritation. Join here and buy a bunch (a BUNCH) of stuff. Learn to shave correctly, without irritation and much enjoyment. Realize after purchasing your second multi razor stand that you can actually get great results with that first razor that wanted to run away from lol. Such a great journey! Welcome.

Your story is very similar to mine and likely will end the same. Shave for a decade with pain and irritation. Join here and buy a bunch (a BUNCH) of stuff. Learn to shave correctly, without irritation and much enjoyment. Realize after purchasing your second multi razor stand that you can actually get great results with that first razor that wanted to run away from lol. Such a great journey! Welcome.
Lol yeah it sure seems that way.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Welcome to B&B. When you get a chance head over to the Hall of Fame and tell us a little more about yourself.

Welcome to B&B.. 🌹

Top Bottom