What's new

Check out this demonstration of the sharpness:

Yow.

Now to organize a group buy for ONE blade. :lol:

Well we only really need one. It could be the Great DE Blade pass-around. Anyway, didn't anyone see this:
Buy one, try it—
if not completely satisfied, we will tear up the invoice.

You hear that? They'll tear up the invoice. They'll probably even use the razor blade to do it. Somebody around here has to have any extra couple of bucks lying around waiting for something like this.

I'd have liked to see that video compare it to a regular DE blade or some other blade that is already on the market. It looks scary sharp, but it may just be a really nice presentation of what a sharp blade can do (anybody tried this with a DE blade).

Tough to justify having 15 different types of blades around at all times if one should last 10 years! If they brought out a soap that lasted 20 years I'd be scared more than excited too.

I'd have liked to see that video compare it to a regular DE blade or some other blade that is already on the market. It looks scary sharp, but it may just be a really nice presentation of what a sharp blade can do (anybody tried this with a DE blade).

Tough to justify having 15 different types of blades around at all times if one should last 10 years! If they brought out a soap that lasted 20 years I'd be scared more than excited too.

Ok, i tried it, i tried slicing a hair from my head with a DE razor like they did in the video. Couldn't do it, can't be done, ect...

Did you watch that video? they're not cutting the hair, they are taking slices off the hair

Ok, i tried it, i tried slicing a hair from my head with a DE razor like they did in the video. Couldn't do it, can't be done, ect...

Did you watch that video? they're not cutting the hair, they are taking slices off the hair

Yes, I watched the video. Since you suggested, I tried it to. My feather didn't even compare, I agree with you, can't be done. Then I thought that the hair on the vid seemed kind of thick (maybe it is not human hair - horse or something). I grabbed a stray boar hair and gave it another shot. Still couldn't quite slice like on the video, but it started looking a lot more like the video. I don't think they actually ever claim that it is human hair, I had no sound on the video, not sure if others may have had sound.

New materials and technology should only improve sharpness, I'm just looking at this with a bit of caution. Glad to have heard of it and seen the video either way.

watched the vid, and like inspiringK, the hair looks rather thick for human so i also thought horse hair.
i plucked a stray hair from my boar brush and tried it with an Astra SP blade - was able to peel the length of the hair twice before it cut through the width.

Still, a nice marketing video.

Top Bottom