What's new

Cheap vs expensive safety razors: does it matter?

I'm in the expensive camp.

I could shave with a 10c BIC disposable, but I splurged on a luxurious beautiful gold Fatip Grande OC that's 300 times more expensive.

proxy.php

You only live once, so shave like a BOSS! :a39:

I could shave with a 10c BIC disposable, but I splurged on a luxurious beautiful gold Fatip Grande OC that's 300 times more expensive.

proxy.php

Show off. [emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

1wuoi7.jpg

Funny how they shave even better than they look, and they look pretty damn good.

IMG_2056.jpg

Plisson/Joris razor is mere 10 times more expensive than the Fatip. I am clearly in the shaving elite. I'm a 1%er in the shaving world.

proxy.php

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Exactly. Just like a Bernini sculpture. If I had it, I'd just stare at it and forget to shave.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Now that, is a work of art. Fantastic.

A Fatip Grande wouldnt look out of place in a bathroom that held that either.

Now that, is a work of art. Fantastic.

A Fatip Grande wouldnt look out of place in a bathroom that held that either.

I couldn't agree more, Mike. But for those casual days at the chateaux, when I don't have official protocol to worry about, I too shave like a man of the people. A noblesse oblige gesture, if you will. The 2%er razor comes at play for the gentler shaves. It's only 100 times more expensive than the BIC, but it'll do.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I couldn't agree more, Mike. But for those casual days at the chateaux, when I don't have official protocol to worry about, I too shave like a man of the people. A noblesse oblige gesture, if you will. The 2%er razor comes at play for the gentler shaves.

Yeah. Some days the Alfa Romeo beckons louder than the Maserati. Such is life.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
BTW. Did you notice the wrong blade clamping points on the Wolfman?

I hadnt seen that particular razor before but that doesnt look quite right. In some pictures, depending on the lighting, a reflection can make it appear those surfaces arent parallel but I dont think thats the case in that picture.

Caveat emptor.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

proxy.php

View attachment 1011204

Funny how they shave even better than they look, and they look pretty damn good.

View attachment 1011205

Just received my first FaTip razor - the Piccolo Special Edition with OC and SB plates.

Got the Bolzano loaded up and ready to go for my morning shave. :)

proxy.php

Good for you! I just got my Fatip Gold Grande last week all the way from England. It has a surprisingly nice finish. Will give it a spin tomorrow...

M

member 119848

I enjoy reading you guys... I sold my Timeless to settle on a Fatip Grande :001_smile
The Fatip is a fine razor indeed, and although I know that "beauty is in eyes of the beholder", I find Fatips bellissimi!

Top Bottom