What's new

Cheap Splashes are for Real Men

Used the Florida water today, felt a little warmth from the alcohol and it had a nice scent.

I would say it has a nice overall citrus scent with a small amount of floral in the background. I'm not one you can describe scents that well.

Only thing is that it didn't last too long, I guess you might need an AS to do that sometime, so you can take it as a positive or a negative.

I have to try it again soon, tomorrow I'll be trying the Barbasol Brisk.

Tomorrow

I've tried the Florida Water only a few times since I bought it a few weeks ago and liked the sting and scent - it really wakes me up!

Get ready for a nice menthol kick with the Barbasol, brother!

I've tried the Florida Water only a few times since I bought it a few weeks ago and liked the sting and scent - it really wakes me up!

Get ready for a nice menthol kick with the Barbasol, brother!

No kidding, if you are sleepy, it will wake you up!

I like the scent and it's seems to last for a while, it's been about 4 hours since I shaved.

I will have to try it again, but I think it's a keeper!

Just picked up my first bottle of Florida Water. I like the way it smells on and so does the wife. I'll be interested where this goes...
:)

I really keen to start using some of these splashes but I'm quite new to 'proper' shaving and not quite sure how to fit it into my routine. I currently use Trumpers skin food and then some moisturiser. I like the idea of putting some splash on straight after rinsing my alum off but imagine the skin food and moisturiser would cover the scent somewhat. Could I put it on after the moisturiser?

I really keen to start using some of these splashes but I'm quite new to 'proper' shaving and not quite sure how to fit it into my routine. I currently use Trumpers skin food and then some moisturiser. I like the idea of putting some splash on straight after rinsing my alum off but imagine the skin food and moisturiser would cover the scent somewhat. Could I put it on after the moisturiser?

Whatever floats your boat, brother! Experiment and see what works for you...

Clubman4life is right; there's no real "right" or "wrong" way. I have "my" way, and I figured it out empirically, and it even changes based on circumstances. Switch it up, change it around, home in on what works for you, and share if someone asks. That's the secret.

MB

I have Clubman original, OS classic (which does not smell the way I remember it, more "baby-powdery"), and LT face tonic. Of the three I absolutely love the Pinaud, and often use it in tandem with the LT, as the LT has practically no scent at all within minutes of applying it. The OS rarely gets used. I can't seem to find any other Pinaud scents locally, but if I ever come across them, I want to get the Musk, the Reserve, and the Lime.

My modest stash
$myaftershavesflat.jpg

$aftershavesstanding.jpg

I can't believe I missed this thread. I'm the king of "value' shave products. My AS arsenal is as follows:

Pinaud Products: Clubman Original, Lilac Vegetal, Special Reserve, Virgin Island Bay Rum
P&G Old Spice Classic, Family Dollar Vijon Spice
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Masters and Stephan's Bay Rum
Osage Rub
Tabac (maybe not inexpensive but a great value)

Aftershave Balms: Nivea, Afta, Gillette

I saw these at the Dollar Tree and decided to give one a try. One of them I rejected outright, I think it was the blue. The green seemed OK from a sniff so I gave it a go. I used it after my next shave and the scent on my skin was awful. I'm pretty cheap and will rarely throw something away if it still has a use even if it was only a dollar. I didn't even bother to give it a 2nd chance, I poured it down the sink after the 1st use. There's a lot of value in many things you can find at the Dollar Tree but for me, this wasn't one of them.

I am not a fan of the Dollar Tree stuff either, so what I like to do with things like this is to use them to clean my rings and watches, or put on some cotton and clean my cell phone or iPad when they need disinfecting. Beats dumping it down the sink.

Top Bottom