What's new

Cheap Safety Device!!

I recently gave myself a small cut to the end of my finger by putting my hand into my razor storage box.
This could quite easily have been very nasty because one of my unboxed razors had opened due to being a little loose around the pin. So I came up with this safety device, even short elastic bands are too long but Loom Bands that kids make bracelets from are perfect and 30 pence for 500.:001_rolle
20170430_191540.jpg

Just make sure they are not tight, you don't want the added tension on the blade into the scales, it will cause the scales to bow out over time.

Me? I store in silicon sleeves.

Thanks Doc I will watch out for that although I have to say they aren't tight, they have just enough tension to keep the blade closed. I did think about silicon sleeves but I have quite a large collection of razors, unfortunately quite a few onboxed and these work out at 30p for 500!!

Just make sure they are not tight, you don't want the added tension on the blade into the scales, it will cause the scales to bow out over time.

Me? I store in silicon sleeves.
Where do you get your sleeves? I would like to get some for mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Just make sure they are not tight...
There is a thing with vintage pocket transistor radios called "cord burn" (or something like that).
It's when a radio has been stored for a long time with the earphone cord wrapped around it, and it leaves an imprint of the cord, as if it was hot and melted the plastic. Sometimes you can even see the twist from the cord.
proxy.php

I wonder if some vintage plastic scales might not suffer a similar fate from the elastic bands.

Top Bottom