What's new

Cheap Lightboxes?

Hi guys,

I was thinking of trying out one of the cheap lightboxes I've seen online. They have a built in light source so that was a plus. Anyone tried them?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I was thinking of trying out one of the cheap lightboxes I've seen online. They have a built in light source so that was a plus. Anyone tried them?

Thanks

Sir Joshua223, I have a slim AC-powered lightbox, about 8x11in size, with flourescent light.
Compact; size of a magazine; perhaps light color is a little cool, but all is ok and works fine.

Tell us, what is your primary use? Negs, slides, others?

Sir Joshua223, I have a slim AC-powered lightbox, about 8x11in size, with flourescent light.
Compact; size of a magazine; perhaps light color is a little cool, but all is ok and works fine.

Tell us, what is your primary use? Negs, slides, others?
Hi Sarimento1.
I just want to get better pictures for forums like this. I would still be using my phone, nothing professional. Looks like the small light boxes are a good size and convenient for photographing razors, knives, etc.

as alternative, you can set up a 'table top' light table for pics of small items.
i use something next to an upper story window, with a white acrylic plastic 'sweep' backdrop.
i modulate the light from the window with blinds, a sheet of paper, plus use reflector as needed.

proxy.php

Lighting is an art.

See if you can find a place in your home with good natural light. Take your pics there. Natural light will change as the day progresses so check frequently.

North facing light will be your best natural source.

You can bounce some back into the shot as fill with a piece of cardboard wrapped with foil or a piece of foil backed styro insulation.

All of my B&B shots are north facing natural lighting.

proxy.php

Artificial/studio lighting is a can of worms you don't want to open. There are more books written about studio lighting than you want to know about

Pic is of my Broncolor (Swiss) boxes and fills. Don't get started as this is where the end of the rainbow is located.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom