What's new

Cheap lathering bowl

Thought I'd share this. At Dollar Tree I found these salsa bowls that are the perfect size for bowl lathering. They have a bottom pedestal that can be easily held in the hand, and have a textured bottom that really helps (IMHO) whip up a lather. Plus the black color contrasts the white lather beautifully!

The best part is it came with 2 bowls for $1. So now I have a dedicated lathering bowl AND one for salsa!!! $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406121179.673415.jpg

Nice score. Salsa bowls do make some of the best lather bowls for exactly the reasons you mention (inexpensive, easy to hold, many have texture in the bowl).

Looks great, I wish we had a dollar tree up here in canada.
WalMart has a similar bowl, but the interior is quite smooth. Less than a dollar, last time I saw them there. Incidentally, the usefulness of Salsa bowls for lather is being rediscovered on average twice a year around B&B . .

WalMart has a similar bowl, but the interior is quite smooth. Less than a dollar, last time I saw them there. Incidentally, the usefulness of Salsa bowls for lather is being rediscovered on average twice a year around B&B . .

I picked up the Walmart one, which does indeed have a smooth interior.
A couple seconds with the dremel quickly changed that!

I went to "Deals" (owned by Dollar Tree) the other say and all I got was this

$100_1139-L.jpg

I gotta go back and look around some more. Maybe not, after all, it is "The Big Kahuna!" .

Attachments

• $100_1139-M.jpg
    $100_1139-M.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 150
I got those salsa/lathering bowls yesterday and put one to use this morning. Hey delislave, it works great! Thanks for the tip. I found they also come in green & red.

I got a blue one (well, two for a dollar, right?) at the Dollar Tree last week. I never used a lathering bowl before, but this thing makes great lather with Proraso Sensitive. Wow!

Top Bottom