What's new

Cheap Enjoyment

One of the things I enjoy about using a DE razor is being able to switch things up from time to time by trying new blades. Blades are cheap (and so am I) and it adds a little variety to the daily routine.

Agreed. I picked up a sampler from Amazon last week for this very reason even though I have over 1400 blades on hand. I gave a Derby Premium a first try this morning and was happy with the result.

Blades are a bargain compared to most good things in life: women, cars, liquor, boats, etc.!! :a21:

Somebody once posted that the entry price into an adult hobby, be it skiing,archery, bass fishing, long range rifle marksmanship, golf, etc. is about $2000. That's just getting started.

Shaving is one of those hobby/art/disciplines that doesn't require anything near that opening outlay of cash.

Somebody once posted that the entry price into an adult hobby, be it skiing,archery, bass fishing, long range rifle marksmanship, golf, etc. is about $2000. That's just getting started.

Shaving is one of those hobby/art/disciplines that doesn't require anything near that opening outlay of cash.

As well, I have read that the average American male drops a hobby after approx. four years.

Blades are a bargain compared to most good things in life: women, cars, liquor, boats, etc.!! :a21:

++. And don’t forget about sample sizes. Each time I buy something from an Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, etc. I try to throw a few tucks of blades that I have not tried into the cart. For Christmas I plan to buy a bunch of soap and AS samples from Stirling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the things I enjoy about using a DE razor is being able to switch things up from time to time by trying new blades. Blades are cheap (and so am I) and it adds a little variety to the daily routine.
+1. I love all the variety and choices!! It's awesome that you can get blades from Russia, India, Turkey, Egypt, Israel, Korea, all over really, some feel different, some feel the same!! And it doesn't cost an arm and a leg...and it really is inexpensive!!

++. And don’t forget about sample sizes. Each time I buy something from an Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, etc. I try to throw a few tucks of blades that I have not tried into the cart. For Christmas I plan to buy a bunch of soap and AS samples from Stirling.
+1. You can get more than 10 really good shaves from most samples!! And we're living in the golden age of soaps and creams!! Scents, performance, and a variety of ways to build lather!! And a place to come and share with others who enjoy talking about these things!!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It’s all good fun. Blades are relatively cheap and it I’d fun trying new blades to see how they shave for you.

Top Bottom