What's new

Cheap DE razors

I bought an Assured razor from dollar tree the other day. One of the doors pops off the hinge when you tighten it down. A few years ago I bought one from the same store with a different brand name- Pacific. It was definitely better built but too mild a shaver for me.

I picked up a super speed clone aft Dollar Tree for $1. It's OK, that's it. Good travel razor.

Herm
I bought two of them at Dollar Tree, lost one and opened the other. I haven’t used it yet because my son took it from me to check it out and never gave it back!

@branford
The biggest vendors in Sweden I guess are gents.se , sliqhaq.se , cedvard.se , shaver.se and some more...

@Gryffindor
That razor looks very very similar to one of the rebranded chinese razors you can buy in Sweden for 20-25 Euro's

And I have been looking at Gifts & Care at their website, and also tvbshaving.
Very nice on some of their razors and the shipping is not too much either, as far as I can see.

I forgot about G&C. Good vendor for a great selection and prices, but only cost-effect for us Americans and Canadians with very big orders. I particularly appreciate their LEA product selection.

In Sweden you can buy a LEA plastic safety razor (Wilkinson clone?) for 13 Euro's
They are about 4 Euros in Spain

I have been able to find chinese TTO razors in those new barbershops that have opened up across Stockholm, and also Lord razors in arab stores in the ghetto.

I have been able to find chinese TTO razors in those new barbershops that have opened up across Stockholm, and also Lord razors in arab stores in the ghetto.

I was googling for Lord in Sweden and got a hit on one of the big arabic supermarkets in Stockholm . I sent them a message asking for the price for a Lord L6 and Lord New Platinum blades and if they could send them to me. Never got an answer from them :(

I am inclined to think your expectations regarding arab store customer service may be too high ;) What store was it exactly?

I found Lord L5 razors in three different arab stores in Skärholmen. Unfortunately they all had plastic baseplates, and I don't like that. They were all around 50-60 kr. Also, one store has boar brushes and Lord blades, and in the city you can get the Arko sticks for 50 kr.

@damphanduk
Too high expectations? LOL

I live about 35 km north of Gothenburg and I have bought a lot of food, fruit and sweets at Göteborg Orienthus and there they have extremely good customer service.
Maybe I should contact them and see if they have started selling razors?

Unfortunately, I don't remember which store it was in Stockholm and the message was sent via their website and not via my own mail.

Sorry about your tax situation! (And I complain about the taxes here.)

You could also consider Lord razors which are very reasonably priced and not made in China. I use a L6 as my travel razor. It is a light-weight razor in the mild range that offers good value IMO!

Well, it seems as though you have experienced better service than I have in those kinds of establishments. I have had several very negative experiences with those people, so much so that I tend to avoid dealing with them altogether, especially when it comes to business.

Sorry about your tax situation! (And I complain about the taxes here.)

You could also consider Lord razors which are very reasonably priced and not made in China. I use a L6 as my travel razor. It is a light-weight razor in the mild range that offers good value IMO!

I actually bought a Lord S625-1 for 7 Euros incl shipping from England.
Very nice budget razor :)

Well, it seems as though you have experienced better service than I have in those kinds of establishments. I have had several very negative experiences with those people, so much so that I tend to avoid dealing with them altogether, especially when it comes to business.

Sad to hear about your bad experiences.

Around Gothenburg, Göteborg Orienthus is actually known to be service minded.

"Those people" and "ghetto"?? Goodness! As someone who regularly shops in international markets, I find a friendly smile brings wonderful interactions and great service. Here in SE Michigan there are large populations of folks from the Middle East. :)

"Those people" and "ghetto"?? Goodness! As someone who regularly shops in international markets, I find a friendly smile brings wonderful interactions and great service. Here in SE Michigan there are large populations of folks from the Middle East. :)

Actually, in Sweden today we do have a lot of ghettos.
The police are talking about some 50 "No-Go zones" in our little country.
And yes, many ppl from the middle east are very nice and service minded, but when a small country like Sweden goes from a population of 8 million to 10 million in just a few years mainly because of asylumseekers, their familymembers who come a year or so later and the fact that many of the ppl from middle east bring more kids to the world (in Sweden it's very common for ppl from middle east to have at least 5 kids) you can expect some cultural and religious tensions.

I can understand what @damphanduk means especially since I've worked with asylumseekers and refugees for ten years (2007-2017).

But that aside, I hope we can continue our nice discussion on cheap DE razors :)

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I'd prefer to leave the cheap Chinese razors in China. Never met one that wasn't worse than something that only cost a bit more.

Yes, indeed, let's have a nice discussion regarding cheap razors. But let us not denigrate a people, or disrespect a culture, please, or pretend that it is acceptable to do so. Thank you.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.

I see your point. It can definitely be a mixed bag.

I did the same recently. $1.08 for a razor and five blades.

proxy.php

This is my travel razor, and favorite DE in general.
Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 11.30.50 AM.jpg

I always keep a smile in the chamber, ready to fire! No, but seriously I really am a very friendly person - I know how nice it is when a stranger smiles, or a client (I have worked in restaurants and stores as well), and so I do smile a lot and actively work to have a friendly attitude and spread positive vibes around me.

Yes, indeed, let's have a nice discussion regarding cheap razors. But let us not denigrate a people, or disrespect a culture, please, or pretend that it is acceptable to do so. Thank you.

It was in no way my intention to derail the thread or denigrate or disrespect any culture; and I honestly do not think that I did so. And neither did Hak.1963 by describing the current situation in our country.

I see your point. It can definitely be a mixed bag.

This is my travel razor, and favorite DE in general.
View attachment 982972

Damn that looks fine (for that price). Stainless handle, really? I would love to try that one someday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom