What's new

Cheap DE Blades w/ Amazing Performance

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Derby Usta worked well for me.
Euromax is another inexpensive blade that served me well. It appears Amazon only sells the single edge version now.

Lord Platinum works great for me. US$ 6 each 100 here in Brazil.

Wilkinson Sword from India, US$ 18.8 for 330 blades shipped at eBay. Or Gillette Permasharp Stainless (indian greens) from same vendor US$ 11.8 for 200 blades. Isn't everyones favorite but very good for me.

Haward Razor blades US$ 4.92 each 50 shipped from Aliexpress is also good.

BICs for me are poor's man Feathers. Amazing if paired with a mild razor. More expensive than listed above but half the price of Feathers and long lasting.

Lots of bang for the money in this list. For this price, go one-and-done.

7 - 8 cent blades purchased from AMZ (USA) in 100 packs
Derby Premium
Dorco ST300
Lord Silver Star
Lord Platinum
Treet Platinum
Treet 7 Day Platinum
Treet Dura Sharp

8 cent blades purchased off eBay from sellers in other countries - Buy in quantities of 300 at least to get best pricing
Gillette 7 o'clock Permasharp Stainless (India)
Gillette Nacet (Jordan)

If you're in Asia....
Gillette London Bridge blades are great - get a weeks worth of lovely daily shaves from them.

The last 6 100 packs I bought from Shoppee online were actually 10+1 tucks... so got 660 for around $16.70 delivered = $2.53 per 100 !!

Feathers can be had online here for around $13 per 100 also.

The most inexpensive blades I’ve purchased are Dorco ST301 Stainless and Shark Platinum. I like them both and think they shave very well.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I ordered some Treet Dura Sharp carbon steel blades the other day.....They were pretty cost effective. I'll try them when we get back. I'm a one and done guy so the carbon steel won't get a chance to rust in a razor. I hope they are sharp and smooth.... That's my preferred combination, though, I have a couple problem razors and I've only used Perma-Sharp blades in them.... I will try them with slightly less sharp blades I have around like a Wizamet, Personna Comfort Coated USA or maybe an Astra SP Green. I have only use an Astra green once... my very first wet shaving experience.... It was horrible. I still have 99 of them. <eg> They were a gift... so... there is that.

I ordered some Treet Dura Sharp carbon steel blades the other day.....They were pretty cost effective. I'll try them when we get back. I'm a one and done guy so the carbon steel won't get a chance to rust in a razor. I hope they are sharp and smooth.... That's my preferred combination, though, I have a couple problem razors and I've only used Perma-Sharp blades in them.... I will try them with slightly less sharp blades I have around like a Wizamet, Personna Comfort Coated USA or maybe an Astra SP Green. I have only use an Astra green once... my very first wet shaving experience.... It was horrible. I still have 99 of them. <eg> They were a gift... so... there is that.
I’m also not a fan of Astra SPs. I have about 85 left.

I am eager to hear whether my impression is accurate. I think the Dura Sharp is very sharp initially, up there with Gillettes imo. It falls off considerably after the first use however.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I am eager to hear whether my impression is accurate. I think the Dura Sharp is very sharp initially, up there with Gillettes imo. It falls off considerably after the first use however.
I'll let you know... As I said... I'm only looking for one great shave out of a blade.. It shouldn't be hard to get with some of the less expensive blades.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I’m also not a fan of Astra SPs. I have about 85 left.
They come up quite often... The people who say they are their favorites seem to favor the mildest razors so I suspect, they don't have challenging whiskers and Astras are great for that, or so they say.... People with more dense or coarse whiskers very seldom have Astras as a favorite, though I've seen some people who like the uncoated stainless steel blades... If I understand them correctly. I think they are talking about these:

I doubt I'll try them.

They come up quite often... The people who say they are their favorites seem to favor the mildest razors so I suspect, they don't have challenging whiskers and Astras are great for that, or so they say.... People with more dense or coarse whiskers very seldom have Astras as a favorite, though I've seen some people who like the uncoated stainless steel blades... If I understand them correctly. I think they are talking about these:

I doubt I'll try them.
Yep, those are the Astra blues. I don’t feel any need to try them, either. I have many blades that work for me, so no need to keep diversifying my stash.

I doubt I'll try them.

I do not get along with the Astra Superior Platinum (greens), however, I do like the Astra Superior Stainless (blues) quite a bit. I find them to be VERY different. The SP are too dull for my face, but the SS work quite well.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I do not get along with the Astra Superior Platinum (greens), however, I do like the Astra Superior Stainless (blues) quite a bit. I find them to be VERY different. The SP are too dull for my face, but the SS work quite well.
I know I only had that one shave with the Astra greens.... but it felt like nothing was cutting... and nothing was until I went over and over the area.... not a good idea for a first-time-in-50-years-or-so-between-wet-shaves shaver.

When I got the Claymore Evolution a few days later, my face still wasn't quite ready for a single blade, but in less than a week, I was no longer getting weepers.... It was so intuitive for me, it taught me quickly. If Alpha Shaving ever released a bronze model like Steve just did for the new Outlaw, I'll have it in my cart in no time. <eg>

Top Bottom