What's new

Cheap DE Blades w/ Amazing Performance

I am a Perma Sharp Super, Gillette Silver Blue, and Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow fan. However, I picked up some super cheap AAFES generic made in Germany DE blades that flat out shave great. Bonus the case has a used blade drop built in. I am not sure which company is manufacturing for them but so far they shave on par with all my Russian made blades at a fraction of the cost. Do you have an cheap blades that shave great?
126C697F-A427-4C35-BC24-3E026052FCE6.jpeg
1525749B-8A94-4A10-BE30-F0F1E90DBD6A.jpeg
0267AEAD-3E5C-4DBE-AB49-DBCF1CF1EEA5.jpeg

How cheap are these compared to the Russian blades? Most Russian blades are not expensive and can be bought for less than $15 for a pack of 100 blades.
Not sure where you are living, but stateside most Russian blades are running between $25-$33 per 100 with taxes and shipping. Suppliers have already hinted the Russian embargo will cause these blades to dry up in the next 12-24 months once stocks are sold off with price increases likely along the way. I will never buy blades off Amazon or eBay…too many damn fakes in the mix.

A kind soul sent a tuck of those to me a few weeks ago. They were the blades available at his Air Force base, and they are all he still uses. I have not had a chance to try them yet.
They seem a tad thinner than Gillettes, but every bit as sharp and smooth. Happy shaves.

Not sure where you are living, but stateside most Russian blades are running between $25-$33 per 100 with taxes and shipping. Suppliers have already hinted the Russian embargo will cause these blades to dry up in the next 12-24 months once stocks are sold off with price increases likely along the way. I will never buy blades off Amazon or eBay…too many damn fakes in the mix.

I'm from Europe, but even on the US Amazon, you can find most of them quite cheap. The only expensive Russian DE blades that I'm aware of are the Wizamets and Rubies. Everything else is below $15 from Amazon, Ebay and a couple of other websites. I'm going to try to buy some Nacet (not sure if they have Nacets in the supermarkets) and Perma-Sharp blades from Turkey, since they are quite cheap there. 500 of each would do for now.

I'm from Europe, but even on the US Amazon, you can find most of them quite cheap. The only expensive Russian DE blades that I'm aware of are the Wizamets and Rubies. Everything else is below $15 from Amazon, Ebay and a couple of other websites. I'm going to try to buy some Nacet (not sure if they have Nacets in the supermarkets) and Perma-Sharp blades from Turkey, since they are quite cheap there. 500 of each would do for now.
I really like the the Perma Sharp Supers.

I am a Perma Sharp Super, Gillette Silver Blue, and Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow fan. However, I picked up some super cheap AAFES generic made in Germany DE blades that flat out shave great. Bonus the case has a used blade drop built in. I am not sure which company is manufacturing for them but so far they shave on par with all my Russian made blades at a fraction of the cost. Do you have an cheap blades that shave great? View attachment 1443427View attachment 1443428View attachment 1443429
I happen to know where you can get a whole carton of these… :c6:

Last edited:
I really like the the Perma Sharp Supers.
You could try Razor Blades Club (Swedish web site). Perma-Sharp Supers are around $16/100 with free shipping with purchase of 100+ blades.

The same company sells on Amazon. I bought 100 Perma-Sharps from RBC on Amazon for $10 with free shipping. You have to select the specific seller that you want from the list, be careful about that.

I have found this company to be reliable, though shipping from Germany is a bit slower, maybe 7-10 days for me.

I am a Perma Sharp Super, Gillette Silver Blue, and Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow fan. However, I picked up some super cheap AAFES generic made in Germany DE blades that flat out shave great. Bonus the case has a used blade drop built in. I am not sure which company is manufacturing for them but so far they shave on par with all my Russian made blades at a fraction of the cost. Do you have an cheap blades that shave great? View attachment 1443427View attachment 1443428View attachment 1443429
Those are Private Label Personnas - Made in Germany, as in Comfort Coated's minus the coating
Terrific value blade - IIRC $1.49 (tax free) for 10

px-edgewell-personnas-jpg.1408325

Last edited:
Not sure where you are living but Razor Blades Club also sells on Amazon. And at lower prices than one their site as listed below. The key is to purchase on Amazon through a third party seller that you can trust. But by all means allow me to snag them all up 😋 I jest of course.
You could try Razor Blades Club (Swedish web site). Perma-Sharp Supers are around $16/100 with free shipping with purchase of 100+ blades.

Beat me to it. I noticed a while back that the AAFES branded blades were personna.
I stumbled across these in Feb. and almost ruined my restraint in GRUME.
I literally had them in my hand cart while researching who made them.

Huge fan of Personna CCs, Platinums, Crystals | Med-Preps are on deck.
I'm sure these will average 15-20 shaves / blade; so $.01 per shave ?

Top Bottom