What's new

Cheap Chinese Knock off

I just bought a cheap Chinese razor via internet, just for the fun of it.
It's a Tech copy of the worst quality and it did not look like the picture at all.
But the worst thing is, the blade that came with it is the worst knock off I have ever seen.
As you can see it is (badly) marked "Rapira Super Stainless" and it was wrapped in a paper saying "Honlong Daopian".
The blade felt half as thick compared to normal blades and it was a few millimeters wider and very "soft" and flexible.
Well, for 2 Euros you can not expect too much ;)

IMG_20190927_170425.jpg

Did you shave with it? How did it do?
I threw the blade in the bin and I don't know what to do with the razor yet lol
I don't know if I can work up enough courage to shave with the cheap razor from China, it's just junk ;)

Tonight's shavers will be Gillette Ball End Tech/Voskhod (face) and Lady Gillette/Voskhod (head)

It only shows you there are working men who can't afford anything better. Be grateful for what you have.

I am grateful :)

I bought my Yuma for 3 Euros here in Sweden, and I just love it.
That's why I want to see if there are other cheap and good razors out there.

And my vintage razors have cost me between 3 and 6 Euros each.

Sometimes you make an awesome bargain, sometimes it's junk

Sometimes we find a good razor for little money. Other times, we find a bad razor for little money. It's too bad you found a bad razor & blade.

I bought a Yuma a few years back that provided good shaves, but the poor thing started to look so pitiful after about a year that I ended up binning it. I wish I had kept it.

I bought a Yuma a few years back that provided good shaves, but the poor thing started to look so pitiful after about a year that I ended up binning it. I wish I had kept it.
I heard you can use some car-polish and/or some Autosol to make your Yuma look much better.
I will try it on my Yuma tomorrow 😊

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I would have tried the blade too, you never know. It cant be as bad as a Graham Field lol.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I think that I would have given it a try. One stroke of the razor would be good enough to know if the blade was totally unusable. Maybe next time.

It looks like the razor I was given by a family member who got it for me in China. I love having it but I haven't been able to bring myself to use it.

Maybe that is similar to the blade I received in a new shavette (post #114 in that thread):
My example had no markings on the blade, but it was thinner than any blade I had used in recent years. Probably the thiness blade I have every used. I liked how it performed in the shavette, but decided to discard it after two shaves in order to try other blades.

Wow! You can see how horrible the edge of that blade is with the naked eye! Looks like it would be good in a box cutter and that’s about it.

Top Bottom