What's new

Cheap Blade Bank

Blade banks from WCS are also a good option:
Blade Bank.JPG

This is my 2nd one since I came back to DE in 2014.

I just use the plastic ones that new blades are sold in. You can put like 50 more or blades in them, I think some of you are really over complicating this process.

Saw Geo's video and its a great idea. Its not really helpful though if you dont buy blades that come in their own box and even then its kind of unneccesary because if your blade do come in their own box, you can just put them back in the used blade slot and recycle the box when its empty.

What a stupid video! The slots are already there so no adaption necessary. Just slide the old blades in as I have been doing for many years. Derby Extra and Wilkinson also use those type of boxes.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
This seems a hot topic lately:)View attachment 954092
altoid tin is a fantastic idea
i use the feather plastic bank and had occasion to empty it recently. I put the contents in an empty jam jar and taped the lid shut only after i tossed it i thought about a glass jar in the trash might not be such a great idea but it was too late. I won't do that again but wil use the altoid box

I use a round plastic container used to store sauces in takeouts. Then I cut a slit on top and tape the lid to the container. Been using since 2017 and still not even half full.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
What a stupid video! The slots are already there so no adaption necessary. Just slide the old blades in as I have been doing for many years. Derby Extra and Wilkinson also use those type of boxes.

Oh that geofatguy is the clever one, isn't he? :001_rolle

Punctured a soup can with a big kitchen knife. Made sure it was a thin, watery soup so I could rinse it though the slot. 4 years of use and not even half full. Should be able to just toss it in the trash.

Top Bottom