What's new

Chatillon Lux

Does anyone have any experience with Chatillon Lux? It is an American artisan aftershave company based in St. Louis. They offer a variety of aftershave products that look like they could be good. However, I have not been able to find much information about them.

http://www.chatillonlux.com

strop

Now half as wise
These sound really interesting. Having previously lived in St Louis, all these locations are very familiar. May have to give these a try, though I need more aftershave like a, well, you know. I already have a CT!

I've tried some of their stuff. You can see my reviews on Instagram under Gentlemens.Gear ... Owner is super cool, but he loves his lavender lol. The Freget balm is simply amazing.

Just bought a couple of bottles of the aftershave. The seasonal colonia and the lavande. I will let you know what I think after I use it.

I tried a couple of samples of the aftershave splash...Was really impressed! Good post-shave feel and the scents were amazing (just be aware that the scents are long-lasting and project fairly strong...you don't need a cologne or EDT on top of the CL products at all. They will easily last you through your whole work day!)

Thumbs up for both the splashes and the balms. Not all of the products have strong projection. It is winter so I have been using the balms and I can smell them, but I do not notice them all day and they do not overpower my cologne.

I was wondering how long it would take for Chatillon Lux to show up as a topic here. I picked up a bottle of toner (La Forêt de Liguest) and a jar of salve (Catalan's Prairie - which I no longer see on their site) last fall.

I think that the ingredients are top notch and the feel of both the toner and salve are great. As far as the scents go, they're both a floral to my nose and the Forêt in particular last all day and projects a fair distance. It's a little intense and a bit too much for me. (I'm wearing it at the moment.)

I'm going to try to dilute the toner with a bit of witch hazel and/or some alcohol to see if that makes it work better for my purposes. I'll also probably pick up some of the newer splashes to try as well.

I tried a couple of samples of the aftershave splash...Was really impressed! Good post-shave feel and the scents were amazing (just be aware that the scents are long-lasting and project fairly strong...you don't need a cologne or EDT on top of the CL products at all. They will easily last you through your whole work day!)
We need some BandB reviews boys. Sounds like good stuff!

Just got the champs de lavande and colonia balsamica. Yesterday I paired the champs de lavande with MdC original. Today I paired the colonia balsamica with MWF. All I can say is WOW! The scent on both is excellent. I did not care for the scent of the colonia balsamica in the bottle. I was a bit apprehensive to use it. However, after it I splashed it on things changed. I get grass and citrus. The champs de lavande is definitely lavender. The scent does linger for a few hours but, in my opinion, is not overwhelming. However if you wear an EdC it might be a problem. It has a nice bite from the alcohol and then just the right amount of menthol for my taste. Post shave conditioning is excellent. Very moisturizing and soothing. I will definitely purchase from Chantillon Lux again.

Reviving an older thread because I am curious about this brand and I just placed an order for their Colbeck aftershave.
Looking forward to trying it out.

Received my Colbeck today from Maggards. Had it shipped to my office. Super fast service if I may add. Love Maggards.

Splashed some on and great face feel and very nice overall cooling from the menthol. Very smooth and consistent if that makes sense. Not a harsh menthol bite, but well balanced with the other ingredients.

Basic packaging, standard flask style bottle with flow restricting device at top. Liquid itself is cloudy but I'll give it a few hours since it may be from the Amazon intensive heat we're experiencing in Charleston South Carolina right now.

I'm getting lime, juniper, coriander and cardamom upon initial smell. I'm liking it.

Received my Colbeck today from Maggards. Had it shipped to my office. Super fast service if I may add. Love Maggards.

Splashed some on and great face feel and very nice overall cooling from the menthol. Very smooth and consistent if that makes sense. Not a harsh menthol bite, but well balanced with the other ingredients.

Basic packaging, standard flask style bottle with flow restricting device at top. Liquid itself is cloudy but I'll give it a few hours since it may be from the Amazon intensive heat we're experiencing in Charleston South Carolina right now.

I'm getting lime, juniper, coriander and cardamom upon initial smell. I'm liking it.

I just received samples of Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli, Champs de Lavande and La Quatrième Ville. Wow, wow and wowzers. All three of them are amazing. The scents are complex...as if they had been created in France by a master perfumist (as opposed to an artisan AS maker mixing fragrance oils in his garage).

I rubbed a couple of drops on different spots along my arms so I can smell them and gauge their longevity, so I will not know about the healing qualities of these aftershaves until I shave. So far, so good.

It seems that Colbeck is another must try AS.

I ordered samples from them a while back. My track record on the scents was 50/50. My only problem was that the balm samples got to solidified to use a few months after I ordered. Still, liked the splashes and balms in the scents that worked for me.

Update on the Colbeck liquid clarity. It stays a slight "light milky" consistency.
Not a bad thing at all, just wanted to report back.

I used the Champs de Lavande splash and salve after my shave today...holy toledo, this is one of the best aftershaves I've ever used...and the salve ain't too shabby either.

I'm definitely getting a bottle of Champs de Lavande. Sadly, La Quatrième Ville smells even better than Champs de Lavande, so now I've have to buy two full bottles of Chatillon Lux aftershaves (and I'll probably also get one of the salves).

I've gone through more than 40 samples of different aftershaves (damn you, Maggard :mad3:) and I have only purchased three full bottles. This stuff is special.

Had to bring this thread back to life...

I received three bottles of Chatillon Lux aftershave splash the other day, Unconditional Surrender, Bon Vivant and Champs de Lavande. I've tried the first two so far, and am quite impressed. The scents are unlike any of my 100+ other aftershaves, and the feel is more like a moisturizing balm than an alcohol-based splash. The feel might be a bit too sticky in the midst of summer but, here in Seattle, that's only a couple of months. It's early, but I believe I've finally found an AS that knocks Wm Neumann off the perch as my favorite three-season AS. I didn't think that was possible.

Top Bottom