What's new

Chatillon Lux Recommendations

I have CL Y/R/P and find it to be my best aftershave in regards to skin care.

I tried the TMS Fougere but did not care for the scent.

I would like to try some additional scents but would want to avoid anything sweet or cloying as I prefer more herbal and “earthy” scents.

Of the current offerings on the CL website, I was looking to try Champs de Lavande and Gratiot League Square.

Of those of you who have used either of these, would you mind to please share your thoughts on the scents or either/both.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Joe

CL products are maybe my favorite. They all are great quality and have a nice lasting scent.
My Favorite is the Bon-Vivant. It is fabulous. Nice strong vibrant scent.I am not good at description. It is not sweet at all. He is not making this any more due to a product issue. So get one before it is gone for good. I would recommend the lavender scent. And I have La Foret de liguest. it is also great.
Shawn at CL is a truly nice person and a+ on customer service. I had a small sample that the bottle did not spray and no questions he sent me a replacement that day.
If you are wise and choose to order anything let me know later what you think. Truly you came across a great product.

I would respectfully disagree with @Gobucks01 regarding Bon Vivant. I enjoy this one, but I think it is VERY sweet. If you do not like sweet aftershaves, I would avoid this one. I recommend the Champs de Lavande one. If you like lavender, this one may be right up your alley. It is not a pure lavender per se, it has some other things going on, but it is predominately lavender. The skin conditioning on these splashes is other level.

Thanks jdp93 like I said not too good in describing scents. To me sweet is like perfume or flowery scent. I would say Rose Santal and Sylva would be that to me which to me is too much flowery scent?

Thanks jdp93 like I said not too good in describing scents. To me sweet is like perfume or flowery scent. I would say Rose Santal and Sylva would be that to me which to me is too much flowery scent?
With Bon Vivant, I mainly get the caramel and honey. As I say, I love this one, but unfortunately the wife hates it. This is another one that I only use when not around her. I've never tried the Sylva, but the Rose Santal is definitely floral. That's another great one.

I recommend the Champs de Lavande one. If you like lavender, this one may be right up your alley. It is not a pure lavender per se, it has some other things going on, but it is predominately lavender.
I have some CL "Pure Lavender".
In spite of the name, it smells more like chamomile to me.
I like that, because it reminds me of playing in my grandfather's hay barn with my cousins.

I love the Pure Lavender. I did not care for TSM as well. Champs de Lavande was not to my liking either. I guess I don't like ylang ylang as that seems to be the most prevalent scent to me.

My Favorite is the Bon-Vivant.
It is not sweet at all.
but I think it is VERY sweet.
To me sweet is like perfume or flowery scent.
I mainly get the caramel and honey.

It is sweet, not floral at all. Smoky Leather, with some maple syrup. Horrible visual, but that's my description. I like the smell, sweeter than I like, but not horribly so.

It is sweet, not floral at all. Smoky Leather, with some maple syrup. Horrible visual, but that's my description. I like the smell, sweeter than I like, but not horribly so.
You are correct sir. Learning more about scents!!
One thing it is a awesome scent one also that will not be around in the future due to product issue on Shawn's blogs at his CL sight.

You are correct sir. Learning more about scents!!
One thing it is a awesome scent one also that will not be around in the future due to product issue on Shawn's blogs at his CL sight.
I was lucky enough to have a partial bottle PIF'ed to me.

I find I have a love/hate relationship with the CL scents I've tried.

Love: Colonia Balsamica, Fourth & Pine, Bon Vivant
Hate: Y/R/P, Rose Santal, GLS, Colebeck

The only one I tried that I was neutral on was Delor de Treget.

I'm most curious about TSM Fougere, Taum Sauk, & Santal Auster

I loved the Santal Auster BUT my wife did not!! So with this being a very popular and sometime hard to get item was able to sell it easy.

Would you mind to describe the scent of Delor de Treget? This is one I am also very interested in. Thank you.

Joe

Would you mind to describe the scent of Delor de Treget? This is one I am also very interested in. Thank you.

Joe

It’s been a while since I lists smelled it. It’s definitely citrusy, which I usually like, but the combination of scents didn’t wow me like some of their other scents. I wound up selling it because my wife hated it. If not for that, I might have kept it. I remember being sweeter smelling than I expected it to be. Sorry I’m not more helpful.

It’s been a while since I lists smelled it. It’s definitely citrusy, which I usually like, but the combination of scents didn’t wow me like some of their other scents. I wound up selling it because my wife hated it. If not for that, I might have kept it. I remember being sweeter smelling than I expected it to be. Sorry I’m not more helpful.

No need at all to apologize. Thank you for your help.

Joe

I find delor de treget in the dark spectrum of citrousy. Very nice to my nose. The best of the few CL I have (Delor de treget, TSM fougere and fourth and pine)

I believe Santal Auster is outstanding; that and Y/R/P are my two favorites.
The SA is getting hard to find though there is a set (not mine) listed recently on BST.
I also have GLS, Fourth & Pine, and Bon Vivant probably ranked in that order for me, but scent can be a very personal thing. All have same excellent feel and properties.

I believe Santal Auster is outstanding; that and Y/R/P are my two favorites.
The SA is getting hard to find though there is a set (not mine) listed recently on BST.
I also have GLS, Fourth & Pine, and Bon Vivant probably ranked in that order for me, but scent can be a very personal thing. All have same excellent feel and properties.

The Santal Auster is a cologne, correct? I haven’t seen this offered as an aftershave set, at least not on the CL website.

The Santal Auster is a cologne, correct? I haven’t seen this offered as an aftershave set, at least not on the CL website.
Actually it was a limited edition no longer in production that included A/S Splash and A/S Toner as well as a matching Declaration Grooming soap. Search “auster” in bst and you will see the set I mentioned above that has those 3.
Do not recall if Shawn made an EdT of this one but he appears to still have the Parfum Extrait of it including a sample size.

Old thread bump, but I have CL on the mind lately.

Does anybody else get an overwhelming Orange blossom/orange flower water scent from 88 Chestnut, Nefertiti, and TSM Fougere? It seems to overtake everything.

That said, I'm wearing Bon Vivant toner right now. One of my favorite shaving products, period. I also really like Sni Mato and Unconditional Surrender.

Top Bottom