What's new

Charles Thyrwhitt

I like this ASB, quite a bit better than the cream, it has a great cedar scent and is not to heavy. Hey for 5 bucks its a bargain. Cheers, DJ.

Phog Allen said:
Hi Sam. I just got my order from Tyrwhitt this week. Shaved yesterday morning with the cream. Quite nice but I used way too much water. Will try again in the morning with a fresh Feather. I also bought the A/S balm. I was not knocked over by the scent but I didn't dislike it either. I think it will grow on me and it definately went better after it had dried down. If you can really apply that to a balm. The action of the balm itself was good. No burn, absorbed well, didn't feel greasy, and sank in completey within a minute. I think it's a good product and definately worth the five bucks.

Regards, Todd
Echoing Todd's experience in all but one point. I enjoy that lovely cedar and lemon/lime.. Quite different from the everyday scents.. Functionally the balm is top notch.
I ordered it some time ago and just today went back to get more. It seems to exist no longer, just going to prove he who hesitates is lost.

S

Sam

Ron, you can order it from the NYC stores directly but shipping is $10. I was hesitant to order it. I may have to now. Numbers are posted over at SMF

Sam

S

Sam

If you order Ron, heck get a couple of creams and a couple of balms. Shipping should be a flat $10. Ill paypal you the money for creams and balms, then you can ship to me and Ill paypal you that back. Im a cheapo

Sam

Sam said:
If you order Ron, heck get a couple of creams and a couple of balms. Shipping should be a flat $10. Ill paypal you the money for creams and balms, then you can ship to me and Ill paypal you that back. Im a cheapo

Sam

Just don't forget to add the "destination and handling" charge! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Randy

Just used it today for the First time.. Great Smell.. Shave creams works just as well as Taylors/Trumpers in my opinion. The Cream didnt have much of the smell, the A/S has more of a nice fresh smell

I purchased 2 each of the Cedar & Lemon shave creams and after shaves when they were $4 each on sale on line. I've used the products 3 or 4 times since then, and would not recommend them except as a bargain purchase to satisfy one's SCAD or ASAD.

The scent is OK, but just OK--nothing special and certainly not anything remarkable. More cedar than lemon, but not especially intense or "pure." And the cream doesn't work great, but is again OK. I gave one set of the cream/AS to my nephew in his starter kit, and the remaining items are in my rotation, but see only spot duty--probably better in summer than fall or winter, as they are not tremendously moisture-laden.

Just my 2 cents. . .

While certainly effective, I strongly dislike the smell of the cream. The a/s, on the other hand, is impressively effective with a very faint scent.

Top Bottom