What's new

Charity Support

Elite Razor
www.eliterazor.com

We are all faced with some measure of discomfort during the COVID-19 pandemic, but here in the Atlanta area the food service industry workers have been hit especially hard. Restaurants and Bars have been either closed or limited to take-out service only, putting many out of work and under stress due to no fault of their own.

Fortunately there is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing financial assistance to food service workers who are faced with an illness, injury or have expenses related to the death of an immediate family member and vital resources to those who have suddenly found themselves unemployed. The Giving Kitchen’s promise to the food service community in Georgia is: Stability. They fulfill that promise through their vision of a food service community where crisis is met with compassion and care and where self-care is valued above all else.

To assist The Giving Kitchen in their mission, I will be donating 40% of the sale price of each “in-stock” razor or brush handle, in the name of the buyer, through May 31st. Although tax law does not require documentation for gifts less than $250, you will receive a confirmation of your tax deductible donation directly from The Giving Kitchen (Giving Kitchen - https://thegivingkitchen.org/).

Now would be a great time for you to consider a new brush or razor for yourself, or as a gift while also providing much needed support to those in need.

Bob Quinn

Elite Razor

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who have made donations to The Giving Kitchen via Elite Razor. Your support is very much appreciated.

Please remember that all of the donations are made on your behalf and you will receive a receipt for your tax-deductible donation directly from The Giving Kitchen.

Thanks again for your support of this very worthwhile cause, particularly in light of the extension of the "shelter in place" request and the impact it will continue to have on the restaurant and bar industry.

Bob

These two stone brushes are now listed and available on my site.

Please remember that 40% of the sale price of these handles will be donated to The Giving Kitchen on your behalf. You will receive a receipt for your tax deductible donation directly from The Giving Kitchen. Thanks do much for your support of this worthy cause.

Malachite (36mm)
[Image: EPPIyfv.jpg]
[Image: 6RJS1NK.jpg]

Kingman Turquoise (26mm)
[Image: MzrCqUa.jpg]
[Image: zm1DItY.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

Thank you all for your support of my work and The Giving Kitchen. We have just passed the $1,000.00 dollar mark in donations, thanks to all who purchased a brush or razor handle.

Please remember that 40% of any handle purchase will continue to be donated through the end of May and your continued support is truly appreciated.

The Copper and Silver brush shown below has just been listed on my site. The handle is made from a Mokume-Gane fusion of Silver and Copper. Technology only recently made this material available in a form that may be worked on a lathe. Mokume-Gane (pronounced Moe-koo-may Gah-nay) is the ancient Japanese metal working technique where layers of contrasting color metals such as copper, brass, nickel silver, gold, and silver are fusion welded with very high heat and pressure into one solid block of metal. Traditional Mokume-Gane is extremely rare and sells for hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars for a very small quantity. The name “Mokume Gane” refers to the visual appearance of a pattern in metal approximating that of wood. “Mokume” literally means “wood eye”, which would be used to describe a highly figured wood grain. “Gane” translates as metal. So, in English, “wood grain metal” is a near-literal translation.

Copper and Silver (30mm)
[Image: oi2QLtA.jpg]

Below are just a few of the handles that are in still available at Elite Razor. Please stop by and see these and all the other pieces that I have completed and are ready to ship. From left to right, they are: Pastel Dream, Burl and Resin, Crimson Mist and Black over Prism.

[Image: 8ttZ1xt.jpg]

As always, thanks for looking and for your support of The Giving Kitchen.

Bob

These are the last couple of days (through May 31st) where 40% of the sale price of a razor or brush handle will be donated, in your name, to The Giving Kitchen. Thanks to all of you who have helped to provide some support to those food service workers that have been affected by the pandemic.

The brushes shown below will be the last new pieces listed that will participate in this worthy cause, however there are many unique pieces on my site that are built and ready to ship.

Blue and Copper (24mm)
[Image: wiisA35.jpg]

Multi-Color (24mm)
[Image: 9fRYeLZ.jpg]

Thanks for looking and for your support of The Giving Kitchen.

Bob

I want to thank all of you who assisted in helping the folks at The Giving Kitchen. We donated $1,618.80 since April 1st to a very worthy cause.

Here in Atlanta, restaurants and bars opened, on a limited basis, on June 1st. Hopefully, some of those displaced waiters, bartenders and chefs have begun to return to work and more will return in the next few weeks.

With gratitude, I thank you again.

Bob

Top Bottom