What's new

Charcoal goods waiting list

Well my turn finally came up in the middle of December. I forgot I was even on the waiting list. So I went on the website and looked around. I realized I didnt really want to order one. Not because I dont like them but because over the time I was on the waiting list I realized I'm not a fan of brass or copper razors. Maybe a bronze but they didnt have those. Also over that time I realized there are a lot of stainless steel razors I can get for $100 or less and I have bought a few lol. I realized I'd rather get a few razors then one razor for $200+. Now it got me thinking if its common for people to just say never mind after being on a waiting list so long time or am I a rare one that decided not to buy one? The time on the waiting list stopped my impulse buy.

Congratulations on saving your money!
Now get yourself a decent Gillette NEW for $10 off eBay and shave away! - Much better than CG at a fraction of the price!

Well my turn finally came up in the middle of December. I forgot I was even on the waiting list. So I went on the website and looked around. I realized I didnt really want to order one. Not because I dont like them but because over the time I was on the waiting list I realized I'm not a fan of brass or copper razors. Maybe a bronze but they didnt have those. Also over that time I realized there are a lot of stainless steel razors I can get for $100 or less and I have bought a few lol. I realized I'd rather get a few razors then one razor for $200+. Now it got me thinking if its common for people to just say never mind after being on a waiting list so long time or am I a rare one that decided not to buy one? The time on the waiting list stopped my impulse buy.

I'd love to have your place on the wait list....looking to get a Lvl 3 plate.

PM me if it's possible.

Cheers

Congratulations on saving your money!
Now get yourself a decent Gillette NEW for $10 off eBay and shave away! - Much better than CG at a fraction of the price!

While the NEW is good, the CG Lvl 2 provides a more visceral and tactile experience in terms of blade feel and audio feedback...and it's equally smooth if not smoother. Plus it has the heft I so crave. There's room for both in my rotation

I'd love to have your place on the wait list....looking to get a Lvl 3 plate.

PM me if it's possible.

Cheers
My turn in line was almost a month ago. My place has come and gone. No regrets. That's not a knock against CG. The time I waited gave me time to realize more what I like in a razor. Made me know I didnt want a brass or copper razor. A long time on a waiting list can either make you want the item more or it can make you realize you dont want the item. By me forgetting I was even on the list I realized it wasnt of interest to me. To each there own.

Well my turn finally came up in the middle of December. I forgot I was even on the waiting list. So I went on the website and looked around. I realized I didnt really want to order one.

This is like Augustus Gloop saying, "No thank you, I don't want that Golden Ticket please give it to another child"

Until I waited for my turn on the list I bought RS-10 and I enjoy it very much. I guess I'll skip the CG, just like you.

Who is augusts gloop?
Willy Wonka? Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

Premise of the story is there's a candy maker, Willy Wonka, who gives away five golden tickets which would allow the recipient a tour of his factory and a lifetime supply of chocolate. Of course this would be a dream come true for most children since what kid wouldn't want a lifetime supply of chocolate. Augustus is one of the five winners and he REALLY likes candy so for him to say "No thank you, I don't want that Golden Ticket....." would be as inconceivable as someone on B&B getting to the front of the Charcoal Goods waiting line and then walking away.

Certainly wasn't meant to be deriding or insulting, just my propensity to draw on an obscure references.

There’s some interesting lessons here. One I hope to learn by being in the 2019 sabbatical.

I know the list isn’t even open anymore, but how long did you guys have to wait before your name was called? I still like this approach better than Wolfman’s. If a guy really ones one, he should be able to wait a year or more for the “privilege” rather than having to incessantly check a website. I like CGs approach of letting you wait and then decide at the time whether or not the razor will be a good choice.

Willy Wonka? Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

Premise of the story is there's a candy maker, Willy Wonka, who gives away five golden tickets which would allow the recipient a tour of his factory and a lifetime supply of chocolate. Of course this would be a dream come true for most children since what kid wouldn't want a lifetime supply of chocolate. Augustus is one of the five winners and he REALLY likes candy so for him to say "No thank you, I don't want that Golden Ticket....." would be as inconceivable as someone on B&B getting to the front of the Charcoal Goods waiting line and then walking away.

Certainly wasn't meant to be deriding or insulting, just my propensity to draw on an obscure references.
Lol. It's all good. I heard of the movie just never watched it.

Top Bottom