What's new

Charcoal Goods Stainless!

@Shavemd Very interesting that the SS L3 retains its excellent efficiency but it’s smoother than prior versions. Is this SS L3 smooth like the brass L2 caps or like any other moderns (RS10 or Paradigm Titaniums or Timeless). Either way it sounds like Brian did it again - artistic as always and top of the heap functionality
Only one shave in and it was a side by side of version 1 vs 2. I am trying another razor for a few days but then I will put it against the Timeless and Paradigm to be sure but it was very smooth

Did another shave this morning to see if the Lv 2 with a Nacet blade is a daily driver. Used PAA First Due soap and AF and the shave was as good as yesterdays first shave. Yep it is staying up front as impressive.

My name is Cliff and I have a problem.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I hear ya. I need another expense razor like a need a hole in my head. Luckily I was waffling on buying the SS level 3 for too long and they sold out...

IMO Charcoal Goods are the best shavers on the market. My only razor now is a level 1 DC and SB level 2 with the first gen Stinger handle, it is the best razor I’ve used. I ended up selling off all my other high end razors a year ago and haven’t regretted that decision. Hopefully he makes a SS stand and the level 1 baseplate, no stand is why I didn’t buy one. These razors are very smooth, comfortable, efficient and easy.

The new cap and plate appear more substantial than the prior ones. Has anyone weighed them or taken any other measurements to see the differences?

That’s interesting. Brian has a real mastery over from and function. I hope his next SS drop has Lvl 1 plates. I want to collect them all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I’ve added a Lvl 3 1st gen brass plate to a SS handle and top cap. It’s a real looker with the bishop variant handle.

Attachments

• 39580C24-3A51-4ED4-B239-7DDEAA5860DC.jpeg
    39580C24-3A51-4ED4-B239-7DDEAA5860DC.jpeg
    1,010.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 2CB3C5C3-2B89-4C2B-8D76-1B0B80C00195.jpeg
    2CB3C5C3-2B89-4C2B-8D76-1B0B80C00195.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
The new cap and plate appear more substantial than the prior ones. Has anyone weighed them or taken any other measurements to see the differences?
Version 1 baseplate in copper 18g. Version 2 baseplate in copper 23g
Nice looking combo Dan

I’ve added a Lvl 3 1st gen brass plate to a SS handle and top cap. It’s a real looker with the bishop variant handle.

YES! That is a stunner Dan and it takes some gumption to mix the metals, but wow, nicely done. I also see you enjoyed your first shave. That is great to hear.

I hope my suggesting you check out Charcoal Goods while waiting for your Wolf didn't cost you too much. Your pics have me going back to the CG website for another look to see what I could put together. :thumbup:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
YES! That is a stunner Dan and it takes some gumption to mix the metals, but wow, nicely done. I also see you enjoyed your first shave. That is great to hear.

I hope my suggesting you check out Charcoal Goods while waiting for your Wolf didn't cost you too much. Your pics have me going back to the CG website for another look to see what I could put together. :thumbup:
Thanks, Tom. And of course your suggestion factored in to my decision. That’s why friends are friends!!

Top Bottom