What's new

CHARCOAL GOODS HAD AWESOME HANDLES

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
Sorry to hear about Charcoal goods having to stop production, and that they are making the move out of Washington.

But good decision, as states run by certain parties are ridiculous for businesses to make a profit.

On my part (as a consumer), I was totally amazed, and looking forward to purchasing their STAINLESS STEEL, MAZE RAZOR.

But alas, they are thinking of outsourcing after the move, and and are reducing their design to a single "universal" design.

But that "Maze" handle!!!

If they were to continue it is stainless steel...I'd have to straight-up lie to the wifey about why our account suddenly dipped a bit.

I've got a few (not pictured Maze SS). I rotate them with my 3 heads; Game Changer .84, Blackbird, and Timeless .95.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I have a Copper LVL II with the Anchor handle. It's a great razor. I hope nothing but the best for Charcoal Goods and hope they make a come back. Pretty sure he was doing it in his spare time and was looking to slow down. I could be wrong, but either way, still wish him the best.

I have a Copper LVL II with the Anchor handle. It's a great razor. I hope nothing but the best for Charcoal Goods and hope they make a come back. Pretty sure he was doing it in his spare time and was looking to slow down. I could be wrong, but either way, still wish him the best.

+1! Definitely wish him the best!! Hope they manage to come back into the market! :sob: :sob:

I have the torpedo in brass and the bishop variant in copper. I wish I had a double helix, maze, hammered and vertigo. But there's no way I could get that many handles in rotation

Sorry to hear about Charcoal goods having to stop production, and that they are making the move out of Washington.

But good decision, as states run by certain parties are ridiculous for businesses to make a profit.

On my part (as a consumer), I was totally amazed, and looking forward to purchasing their STAINLESS STEEL, MAZE RAZOR.

But alas, they are thinking of outsourcing after the move, and and are reducing their design to a single "universal" design.

But that "Maze" handle!!!

If they were to continue it is stainless steel...I'd have to straight-up lie to the wifey about why our account suddenly dipped a bit.

He's moving from Washington to Oregon. Those of us here in the PNW can debate whether one state is more business-friendly than the other, but we seem to have many thriving businesses in both states...

I got a nice email from Brian last week. The type and manner of production he pursues in Bend will depend on many factors (e.g., does the house he and his wife select have a space adequate for full production?). We'll see.

I love my maze, helix and hammered handles. They are my three favorites. All 3 inch, two in shiny brass, and one in antique brass.

Be safe!

I love my CG antique brass level 2 SB with Magnum Hammered handle and was hoping Brian @ CG would release the antique brass Stinger 1. Unfortunately, his release this past week only had the bright brass Stinger 1. Have no fear, Brass Black (antique stain) is here!

Before applying Brass Black...
IMG_5150.jpeg

After applying Brass Black...
IMG_5153.jpeg

And the full monty with both handles I own (Magnum Hammered and Stinger 1 on the same head)...
IMG_5154.jpeg

IMG_5156.jpeg

Variety is the spice of life. The level 2 SB is perfect for me, so having two handles is just giving me some variety.

It will be a hit to the shaving community of CG doesn't reopen in some capacity.

I love my CG antique brass level 2 SB with Magnum Hammered handle and was hoping Brian @ CG would release the antique brass Stinger 1. Unfortunately, his release this past week only had the bright brass Stinger 1. Have no fear, Brass Black (antique stain) is here!

View attachment 1100987

View attachment 1100988

And the full monty with both handles I own (Magnum Hammered and Stinger 1 on the same head)...
View attachment 1100989

View attachment 1100990

Variety is the spice of life. The level 2 SB is perfect for me, so having two handles is just giving me some variety.

It will be a hit to the shaving community of CG doesn't reopen in some capacity.
Nice.will it wear off or is it permanent?

View attachment 1100987

View attachment 1100988

View attachment 1100989

View attachment 1100990

Those are beautiful, Hedy!

Nice.will it wear off or is it permanent?
It does wear off eventually, but leaves the nice contrast that you see below in my hammered handle. On CG's website, it states before you buy an antique brass razor, know that it will change in appearance over time. The top cap on the razor below was purchased as bright brass when they didn't have inventory of the antique. Brian was the one who recommended the Brass Black (causes a chemical reaction with the brass creating the antique look). If you ever need a touch up, it literally takes 5 minutes to reapply the Brass Black.

IMG_5154.jpeg

Beautiful Razors! In another thread that asked what we are not interested in I stated that I was not interested in new modern razors. Well, then I saw Charcoal Goods and that has changed.

Top Bottom