What's new

Charcoal goods gen 1 vs gen 2 poll

Gen 1 vs gen 2

• Total voters
I really like the audible feedback on Gen 1, I also feel like it allows more buffing and is a tad more aggressive.

Gen 2 is ultra smooth and just as efficient. Hard to pick which I like better. Visually I prefer old style, but I think Gen 2 shaves perfect.

Voted for gen 1 as that is the only version I've tried. Just love the look. However it sounds like the newer version gives a less aggressive shave?

I really like the audible feedback on Gen 1, I also feel like it allows more buffing and is a tad more aggressive.

Gen 2 is ultra smooth and just as efficient. Hard to pick which I like better. Visually I prefer old style, but I think Gen 2 shaves perfect.

If this is true, I'm glad I own three Gen 1s. I haven't tried a Gen 2. I bought my third Gen 1 after I learned Brian had a second generation about to be released. I was convinced he couldn't improve on Gen 1, so I bought my third (and likely last) CG razor when I could.

I picked gen 2 mainly for the level 3 version. I enjoy both versions but the gen 2 level 3 allows me to use it daily where as the first gen would give me irritation after 2 or 3 days. The gen 2 is just as efficient but definitely smoother.

I prefer the looks and extra audible feedback of the Gen 1. It’s a great razor.

proxy.php

Unfortunately, not for some time. Brian is trying hard to maintain complete razor sets in stock and still make extra baseplates and top caps. He may be moving again which will shut down production temporarily.
I can't imagine a plate more aggressive than the 3. It is extremely aggressive and can tackle I would think most any beard.

Can confirm, level 3 is very aggressive - have no interest in a potential level 4. I have a level 3 dual comb (gen 1) and have only tried the solid bar once. Not sure I will try it twice (never mind the open comb side).

I have settled on the level 1 SB for daily shaves. Too much blade and irritation if I go up any further.

aesthetically I too find the gen 1 much nicer.

Top Bottom