What's new

Charcoal Goods Everyday...has anyone else received a faulty razor head?

I shaved with my new Everyday brass razor for the first time Saturday morning and I am sure something is not quite right. The blade was 100% seated correctly, but one side was more efficient than expected and the other side barely cut at all. Upon some visual inspection (that is all I have the skills and instrumentation for), I can see daylight between the safety bar and blade on one side, but not on the other. In other words, I think one side has more blade exposure than the other (quite a bit).

I have tested other blades to make sure the Gillette Yellow I used wasn't the culprit, but I got the same result with a Nacet and other blades. Equally, I have taken the blade I shaved with and put it in other razors and all looks normal.

Has this happened to anyone else here? I emailed Brian but have not heard back.

So looks like the topcap is the culprit. I have been in contact with Brian and he is sending me a new topcap. Excellent service and I hope the new topcap fixes the issue.

I owned this razor at one point.
I was less than impressed with how the top cap mated with the baseplate.
The enlarged circular holes on the top cap to fit the diamond blade posts of the baseplate can make absolute top cap centering somewhat finicky. The centering mostly relies on the clamped surfaces.

I owned this razor at one point.
I was less than impressed with how the top cap mated with the baseplate.
The enlarged circular holes on the top cap to fit the diamond blade posts of the baseplate can make absolute top cap centering somewhat finicky. The centering mostly relies on the clamped surfaces.

No question. That does seem problematic. But if I can get this thing to center, I won't care. So far, I haven't even had a chance to center anything. If I can't get it to center, then I have enough time to make a return.

Top Bottom