What's new

Charcoal Goods beat everything in my den

Charcoal goods - generations.jpg

Gen 4 cap not gen 4 razor

Finally got around to using mine today. Brass, Copper, Bronze thread brought it out. I guess it's a gen 3? I love it. Shaving with it is so smooth and easy. It's the everyday base plate. I got that for the neutral exposure and mild gap that is perfect for me as a daily shaver.

I also loved the look of how it reminds me of a Goodwill with the reverse pins to hold the blade. And it holds it tight. Plus, I love it as a piece if art.

I saw mentioned the hollowed handle earlier in the thread and for me I much prefer it as I like the weight and balance point more toward the head and not so handle heavy.

IMG_20230123_165229287.jpg

IMG_20230123_165331800.jpg

Finally got around to using mine today. Brass, Copper, Bronze thread brought it out. I guess it's a gen 3? I love it. Shaving with it is so smooth and easy. It's the everyday base plate. I got that for the neutral exposure and mild gap that is perfect for me as a daily shaver.

I also loved the look of how it reminds me of a Goodwill with the reverse pins to hold the blade. And it holds it tight. Plus, I love it as a piece if art.

I saw mentioned the hollowed handle earlier in the thread and for me I much prefer it as I like the weight and balance point more toward the head and not so handle heavy.

View attachment 1593529

View attachment 1593534
Beautiful patina on that brass.

They had a Victorian razor on their site a few years ago that I was yearning for. As soon as I decided to pull the trigger, alas, it was gone and thus far never to return ...

Wow stunning! That brass handle attached to the CG head in pic one is a looker.
I ended up trading that handle and a Charcoal Goods hammered handle for the Charcoal Goods Magnum. The hammered was just too skinny. The Magnum is like a short fat version of the hammered and it is excellent. I also still have the handle in the pic that isn't attached to the head.

Another amazing shave again today with the CG everyday.

Cream: Cremo original
Razor/Blade:
Head/Neck - High Proof w/ Astra SP
Face/Neck - Charcoal Goods Everyday w/ Astra SP
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - Stirling Soap Company Margaritas in the Arctic
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive

IMG_20230124_212207022.jpg

10/10

I only have one brass CG handle in Vertigo. It sat in a drawer for about a year as I bought it and had it shipped ahead to a US destination where I was planning to travel. Covid hit and I did not travel. When I finally got it the patina was beautiful. But using the handle with my very hard water affected the patina and now it is very uneven.
Image978061953723702174.jpg
I'd like to get some of that blackening product to try give it an even finish again.

Hmmm. It doesn't look like Brian sells individual razor parts any more. I've been considering getting a level three head for my handle, but it looks like that may not be possible now.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I only have one brass CG handle in Vertigo. It sat in a drawer for about a year as I bought it and had it shipped ahead to a US destination where I was planning to travel. Covid hit and I did not travel. When I finally got it the patina was beautiful. But using the handle with my very hard water affected the patina and now it is very uneven. I'd like to get some of that blackening product to try give it an even finish again.

I had a vertigo handle in stainless. I really like the bigger handles.

Grap them while you can as I just learned Brain is retiring from making razors. When there gone there gone. His Instagram website is closed down.

Top Bottom