What's new

Charcoal Goods beat everything in my den

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Hollow unfortunately. Looks like all four are the same size and use an engraved piece of brass tubing with two brass endcaps pressed in.
As sad as this is, at least I can get big dollars for my old Charcoal Goods handles when I’m ready to downsize my collection! 😜🤪😜🤪😎

As sad as this is, at least I can get big dollars for my old Charcoal Goods handles when I’m ready to downsize my collection! 😜🤪😜🤪😎
Yeah I feel very fortunate to have most of my favorite CG handles in the collection already. As much as I probably need to downsize, I think those would be the last to go. I do hope that Brian offers the original solid designs again in the future. I'm sure the demand is there, so I'd be surprised if he didn't.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I hope you fellas realize the above statement was a joke. I would have to be pretty desperate to sell off any of my Charcoal Goods stuff. I have about 100 razors that I would sell first. CG is just too cool.

Yeah I feel very fortunate to have most of my favorite CG handles in the collection already.
Me too! I missed out on a couple. Like the Tritium. Or the Stars and Stripes when it was new and inexpensive. And solid. Wish I could have gotten stainless and copper stingers when they were new as well. My only stinger is brass, which is my favorite CG metal anyways. I have plenty of the other handles to hold my attention for a while.

Me too! I missed out on a couple. Like the Tritium. Or the Stars and Stripes when it was new and inexpensive. And solid. Wish I could have gotten stainless and copper stingers when they were new as well. My only stinger is brass, which is my favorite CG metal anyways. I have plenty of the other handles to hold my attention for a while.
I think we're both in roughly the same place. Brass is my favorite metal for CG as well (I think it matches the CG aesthetic the best), and I have most of the handles I want in brass. I'm also missing the tritium, and I wish I had bought the skull cap when it was available. In SS and copper, I'm missing some like the stinger, but I have enough others to keep me smiling. I'd really like to find a copper lvl1 at some point, but I've found that patience eventually pays off, so I'm not too worried about that one either.

I’m less than a month in, so I missed every dang thing. I scared up a copper lvl 2 stinger of all things, but I want brass, too.

I’m thinking I might buy one the last brass Torpedos, and be patient on a solid fancy handle.

It appears my CG is out for delivery today. So much for the 3-4 week wait.

come-to-me-mike-mclusky.gif

Reposting here from the "What Did You Use Today" thread.

So, first shave with the Charcoal Goods razor. To my mind, it shaves very similar to my Wolfman WR2 1.25 which might be redundant but I Don't Care. Why you ask? Because I can already tell I'm going to love this razor. Perhaps a tad more blade feel than the Wolf but the Lupo 95 seems to have more. The WR2 is slightly smoother but the CG is more efficient... not by much but noticeable.
Also, it's more audible than the Wolf on the ATG pass

Mine has the new hollow handle, balance point is about a pinky tip width onto the top knurling. It's handles great while shaving, definitely lighter than my karves. From a looks and purist standpoint, I prefer the older CG handles: a bit shorter and solid. Perhaps I'll get lucky and find one someday. Anyway, a great first shave and I forgot how well this A&E soap performs. One minor weeper above the Adam's apple likely due to the leaning curve.

20220515_125256.jpg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Reposting here from the "What Did You Use Today" thread.

So, first shave with the Charcoal Goods razor. To my mind, it shaves very similar to my Wolfman WR2 1.25 which might be redundant but I Don't Care. Why you ask? Because I can already tell I'm going to love this razor. Perhaps a tad more blade feel than the Wolf but the Lupo 95 seems to have more. The WR2 is slightly smoother but the CG is more efficient... not by much but noticeable.
Also, it's more audible than the Wolf on the ATG pass

Mine has the new hollow handle, balance point is about a pinky tip width onto the top knurling. It's handles great while shaving, definitely lighter than my karves. From a looks and purist standpoint, I prefer the older CG handles: a bit shorter and solid. Perhaps I'll get lucky and find one someday. Anyway, a great first shave and I forgot how well this A&E soap performs. One minor weeper above the Adam's apple likely due to the leaning curve.

View attachment 1456284
You got the Level 3, correct? Congrats!

Top Bottom