What's new

Charcoal Goods beat everything in my den

cg2.JPG
cg.JPG

Wow stunning! That brass handle attached to the CG head in pic one is a looker.
Thanks. The one that is attached, with the knurling, is from Alpha Shaving Co. They are on Etsy as AlphaShavingCo. They are on Facebook as Alpha Brush & Shaving Company, and Steve Tinter, the owner, also has a page. The other handle that isn't connected to the head is a custom from TiBam. That one came with the head when I bought it.

I'm still debating one of these. I was kind of disappointed with Timeless
No offense. Just wasn't for me.

Best Razor ever. Handles are also best in the business IMO(even tho the SS one is a Weber) Been waiting for a new design for SS, hopefully he brings back the OG bishop. Magnum was too big and vertigo is a bit too long. Wish he made the vertigo 3.5in. Too beautiful to let go of thooooo haha
2E77D8E8-4C1A-4CDF-B4C1-805D20EAE0BF.jpeg

F5D875DB-4CD9-4B0C-868F-078E731A53D8.jpeg

I've had tons of DE razors: vintage Gillettes, ATTs, Oristo, Ikon Standard & Tech, a couple of Wolfmen, several Timeless, Merkurs, an R41. I kept one ATT R2 and one Timeless .95 open comb. I thought nothing could beat the .95 OC, but then I finally landed a Charcoal Goods level 2 with the newest cap and plate. It is very close, but if anything beats that Timeless it is the CG. On a side note, I also have had three single edge razors: Vector, ATT SE2, and Asylum RX. The Vector is too mild for me so I sold it. The other two are right there with the Timeless and CG. The SE2 is especially efficient.
No Blackland razors?

Got a Charcoal Goods Lvl 2 in copper last week and have used it three times. I'd never used one before. It's early days, but right now I'd say it's the best razor I've ever used, and my favorite right now. Before getting the CG, my main razors were Timeless Ti .95 & .68, and GameChanger .84 & .68, as well as a Paradigm Ti SE. Also had a Karve and Tatara which I've recently sold. My favorite was the Timeless Ti .95. I think the CG has dethroned it. It has a combination of smoothness, maneuverability, balance, efficiency and aesthetics that even the Timeless doesn't match (but only because it is not as maneuverable - it matches the CG on all other counts, with the possible exception of aesthetics). I have the hammered handle, and just ordered a magnum handle to go with it. Still haven't tried a Blackbird, and am going to get one, but right now the CG is the top of the heap for me.

Got a Charcoal Goods Lvl 2 in copper last week and have used it three times. I'd never used one before. It's early days, but right now I'd say it's the best razor I've ever used, and my favorite right now. Before getting the CG, my main razors were Timeless Ti .95 & .68, and GameChanger .84 & .68, as well as a Paradigm Ti SE. Also had a Karve and Tatara which I've recently sold. My favorite was the Timeless Ti .95. I think the CG has dethroned it. It has a combination of smoothness, maneuverability, balance, efficiency and aesthetics that even the Timeless doesn't match (but only because it is not as maneuverable - it matches the CG on all other counts, with the possible exception of aesthetics). I have the hammered handle, and just ordered a magnum handle to go with it. Still haven't tried a Blackbird, and am going to get one, but right now the CG is the top of the heap for me.
It’s a great razor, I have the same setup.

I have ss lv2,,, with Florian handle
I have a ss karve and timeless 95sb

My charcoal goods razor is amazing

All razors above are amazing with each strengths

The lv2, is climbing to my number 1 spot , but need little more time with the razor

Top Bottom