What's new

Charcoal Goods beat everything in my den

No pictures? Just got in my copper twin helix yesterday.

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Guess I will need to find the maze to complete the set.

Second hand, it's the old style anyway. Don't think Brian will be making handles when he reopens, just heads. Unless he has old stock to move.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Second hand, it's the old style anyway. Don't think Brian will be making handles when he reopens, just heads. Unless he has old stock to move.
Gotcha
It looks like new condition anyway. Enjoy.
Hmm just heads. Interesting. I always wanted to try a level one but missed out but now I’m pretty comfortable with the 2. But I’d be interested to see what he comes up with.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Level ones pop up from time to time on the BST. I posted this elsewhere but this is from the CG newsletter

I have bought many razors from the CG site, and signed up for the newsletter multiple times, but never get it. :(

Anyways, If @Rhody wants to try a Level 1 and cant find one, the Everyday razor is an evolution of the Level 1 platform. I have an Everyday, and while I dont have a Level 1, the Everday is a great razor with a nice mild daily-driver profile.

I always wanted to try a level one but missed out but now I’m pretty comfortable with the 2

The newer generation (pre-Everyday) are close in feel for either level. Obviously the level 2 is more efficient. The difference is more apparent in the original heads. I didn't care for the original level 2 (or 3) but the improved level 2 is way smoother and holds the blade better. I think the Everyday was supposed to be a 1.5 but never tried one.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I have bought many razors from the CG site, and signed up for the newsletter multiple times, but never get it. :(

Anyways, If @Rhody wants to try a Level 1 and cant find one, the Everyday razor is an evolution of the Level 1 platform. I have an Everyday, and while I dont have a Level 1, the Everday is a great razor with a nice mild daily-driver profile.
Same as to the newsletter. But it looks from what was posted they are not meeting their to stay but I’m sure it’s challenging. Good to hear about the everyday. I had a chance but didn’t get one back then. Maybe I’m the future.
The newer generation (pre-Everyday) are close in feel for either level. Obviously the level 2 is more efficient. The difference is more apparent in the original heads. I didn't care for the original level 2 (or 3) but the improved level 2 is way smoother and holds the blade better. I think the Everyday was supposed to be a 1.5 but never tried one.
I have the revised level 2. I think. When I got that the level 1s were out of production so I got the 2. I like it but I have to respect it and stay focused using it. I have two CG handles so I’ll be up for the possibility of an everyday head in the future.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs

I have the revised level 2. I think. When I got that the level 1s were out of production so I got the 2. I like it but I have to respect it and stay focused using it. I have two CG handles so I’ll be up for the possibility of an everyday head in the future.

I have the Level 2 and Level 3 in both generations, and in multiple metals. Yeah Im a sucker for the CG stuff. Anyways, the Gen 2 is definitely way more smooth than the Gen 1 in both cases. However, in the Level 2, I find the Gen 1 to provide the better shave! It shaves closer and it is still smooth enough. But, in the Level 3, the Gen 1 is way over the top. I can use it. And I get some of the best shaves of my life with it. But I feel it for a good long while afterwards! The Gen 2 Level 3 is so much smoother than the Gen 1 that it tames the razor enough so that I can tolerate it. Still over that aggression threshold for me, and I usually stick to Level 2 though. Just amazing razors... all of them!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Here is a chart that used to be on the CG website a few years back. It is very helpful. The Gen 2 mostly have two shorter slots and circle hole in the middle of each solid bar. The Gen 1 have three slots. There are variations of this of course. Hope this helps.

Charcoal goods - razor_chart-web_600x.jpg

out of curiosity, when Charcoal Goods were actively selling razors, how much did they go for? I've been keeping my eye on them reopening but if they have the same ridiculous price points that Wolfman does, count me out

out of curiosity, when Charcoal Goods were actively selling razors, how much did they go for? I've been keeping my eye on them reopening but if they have the same ridiculous price points that Wolfman does, count me out
They were between $175-$225.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom